FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Looking for drummer - roots in Rockabilly, surf, and jazz a plus
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Looking for drummer - roots in Rockabilly, surf, and jazz a plus
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 6:04 pm   Permalink

I've got a plan........ Any drummer out there in the Orange County, CA area looking to join what could become something really pretty cool? PM me and I can let you in further as to what I've got planned.....

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 08:00 am   Permalink

Are you playing my store

the Thursday before

Oasis??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 11:12 am   Permalink

To quote from the documentary "Heavy Metal Parking lot"

"HELL YEAH!!"

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 3:31 pm   Permalink

I don't know Ben, do you know how to play drums?

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 5:51 pm   Permalink

Dude, I'm your drummer. You just have to fly me out there.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 9:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-02 15:31, Luckydesigns wrote:
I don't know Ben, do you know how to play drums?

Like I said, who needs drums?

Actually there is a punk band or 3 that practice down
the row towards the back. Maybe there drummers might be into it...

Where's that SQUID guy when you need him!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 07:21 am   Permalink

p.s.

It would be very De-Lux,

if you could get someone from Diamond-Head!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 09:03 am   Permalink

Perhaps we should let the cat out of the bag a little. This is a Rockabilly, surf, roots country/western swing and tiki band being started by Lucky Designs (an awesome guitarist), Lucas Vigor on upright bass and Tiki Bong on steel guitar. It will be a hard-driving rockabilly style band playing originals and some covers, focusing on hot-rods, low brow art and tiki- we just need the prefect drummer to bring things to the next level. We are already scheduling gigs, and need someone fairly soon. We are advertising for the drummer in many places. This will be an exciting project, unlike anything else.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:04 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a fun band..How bout 2 slappers..hahaha

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:17 pm   Permalink

I nominate SQUID

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:28 pm   Permalink

I would love to have Squid. I already offered to father his child because he is so good! But sadly for me, the Tikiyaki orchestra nabbed him first! (damn that Jim for having great taste!)
But the next best thing is to catch him live this Friday at Kona's with the Tikiyaki orchestra. Those boys are rapidly becoming my favorite tiki band! I am just glad I don't play exotica right now...I would not want to compete with them dudes!! (I would lose) I will stick with Rockabilly and Hawaiian.....for now!!!!

But back to this project...we already do have gigs lined up, and they are good ones. Stayed tuned for some exciting music. Just leave your discerning taste at home! We just came for two things: Drinking beer and kicking ass!!

cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 06:48 am   Permalink

Damn!! I've never wished more that I lived in California. I play drums and this sounds like just the kind of project that I've been looking for out here in Tucson. I love drinking beer and kicking some surf rockabilly ass! Oh well, best of luck with your search. I can't wait to hear what happens.

Maggie
cheeky 1/2

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 10:57 pm   Permalink

BrAzilllllle!

http://www.truveo.com/Festival-Alma-Surf-2008/id/2012675077

Who's that playing Gee-tar!?

Rock on mang!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 07:54 am   Permalink

Isn't that cool!!! His company flys him down to Brazil to do a gig! Spike shreds on the guitar!

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-16 08:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-09 16:28, lucas vigor wrote: We just came for two things: Drinking beer and kicking ass!!

Luke...you forgot the second half of that quote....

....Looks like I'm just about outta beer

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation