FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hot Rod Hula Hop 4 tickets on sale NOW!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Hot Rod Hula Hop 4 tickets on sale NOW!!!!
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-08 11:54 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-07-10 13:19 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-10 4:27 pm   Permalink

Wow. This event was nuts! How am I going to recover for Oasis in a few days?

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-11 08:46 am   Permalink

Yooowwwza - what a great time! Thanks to everyone who donated their efforts and spirit to this year's event. Great memories - and already looking forward to doing it again in '09!

...and yes, recovery may take a while

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 12:30 pm   Permalink

Awesome event! Kudos to Ahu and all his helpers. Way to go FOM!

36 hours now to rest and recharge before heading to Oasis. Whew!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 2:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-11 12:30, rugbymatt wrote:
Awesome event! Kudos to Ahu and all his helpers. Way to go FOM!

36 hours now to rest and recharge before heading to Oasis. Whew!

I'm with ya, pal. I'm barely over my first Hot Rod Hula Hop (which rocked) and now I have to get set for another crazy tiki weekend. (And added to the mix, the final edits to Bachelor Pad Magazine 5, which goes to the printers tomorrow.) Yeah, life is good!

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTyme
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-11 7:24 pm   Permalink

Wow, my first tiki event.. I had a great time my daughterinlaw and my 2 grandsons came with me and had a great time.. Looking for ward to next year..

View Profile of TikiTyme Send a personal message to TikiTyme  Email TikiTyme     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 9:23 pm   Permalink

Whew!

We're settled back home and recovering. The Ohio Ohana sure know how to show a gal a good time!

My whole little tribe had an incredible time, and are telling me to be sure to tell everyone who helped make it happen how much they enjoyed it! OakTiki adds his personal MAHALO as well!

Simply amazing hospitality! (I could chatter on and on and on and on about how amazing it was, but "simply amazing hospitality" sums it all up.)

I'll try to get the pictures up as soon as possible.

And for anyone who hasn't been, get next year's on your calendar NOW. The HRHH is a must!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 06:17 am   Permalink

WOW!!!!! The Hop sure keeps getting better & better!

Great vendors, record car turn out, some AMAZING bands (can't wait to get reprise of WAITIKI at Oasis!!!!), cool stuff in the silent auction, great Ohana to hang with...........

I could go on & on.........But I won't......Because I have to get on a plane for Oasis tomorrow AM & have a lot to get done between now & then

Suffice it to say that this year's Hot Rod Hula Hop totally ROCKED!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 06:37 am   Permalink

MOAI-O!!!

What a party.
The food, the drinks, the music, the story, the vibe... all supreme.
The films were hilarious.

Nothing like watching the sun rise over the Columbus skyline after a little insurance grub at the Waffle House.

Mahalo, FOM for a great party.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 10:37 am   Permalink

What a hoot!

Thanks so much to everyone!

The HRHH is an event where EVERYONE had a hand in making this event a huge success, from the vendors, to the sponsors, to the volunteers, to the entertainment, the coordinators and all those who traveled some pretty long distances to attend the event. All that hard work made it a really fun weekend in the heart of The Buckeye State.

Many thanks to all those who came by to say hi and to pick up some new Lake Tiki decor for their slice of paradise! Your support is much appreciated!

Some pictures of the weekend...

My little piece of real estate

Rods, rods and more rods!

The kick ass A-Frame entrance The Red Palms chapter created

Saturday afternoon at The Hop

Dime's Snack Shack

Some great tiki art at the Silent Auction

Sunday chilldown at Chisel Slinger and Sweetbeak's backyard paradise

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTyme
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-12 1:12 pm   Permalink

I would like to know if there are any tshirts left from the event.. I was there and being it was between paydays I did not have the extra money to buy any.. Thanks

View Profile of TikiTyme Send a personal message to TikiTyme  Email TikiTyme     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 6:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-12 13:12, TikiTyme wrote:
I would like to know if there are any tshirts left from the event.. I was there and being it was between paydays I did not have the extra money to buy any.. Thanks

T-shirts? Where?

Sorry.
Actually there was no t-shirts sold at the event.
Except a work shirt and those were sold out.

Or did you see something else that you thought was for sale?

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTyme
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-13 02:44 am   Permalink

Sorry I was talking about the surf ohio shirts

the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 12:45 pm   Permalink

I think you can go to Surfohio.com and order them.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 8:21 pm   Permalink

I was awarded, by the probability that I was the only 5X dude there and was mixing Nui Nuis for the host, an awesome grease monkey Hula Hop shirt.

I love that thing. I have nothing like it except... it.

btw, when I left the hop on Saturday afternoon, I went by my Grandmother's house on Chicago Ave. right in the middle of the hood off Broadway. It was a bittersweet moment for several reasons. The house holds a lot of very cool and strange (but in a good way) memories for me and that beautiful brick structure had been painted corn stalk green.

Man, I love Ohio.
When Francis Llacuna comes down here to record, I'm gonna hook up a few of his tunes for you all to listen to.

He's the man.

OH...

[ This Message was edited by: pablus 2008-08-13 20:25 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation