FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 5:50 pm   Permalink

I carved my first tiki at the 2007 tiki oasis. since then I have been obssesed with carving. I have loved tikis all my life, and i have been drawing and painting before i could even write my name. So here are some tikis i have carved, as well as some paintings, and other art projects. Im also a graphic designer, my company is Screaming Tiki Graphix. That stuff can be seen at http://www.myspace.com/screamingtiki
for the most part everything in this thread is for sale, unless otherwise noted, so if you see something you dig and want to buy, send me a PM. thanks for looking!

-Tiki Thomas

heres the first tiki I carved at the 2007 oasis

heres tiki #2 i carved at the tiki land chop. It traded it for a sculpture to a fellow artist

back of it

heres tiki #3 I carved as a gift for a friend

Heres a painting I did, its a strain of different cultures tikis, its acrylics on wood, SOLD

heres another painitng i did of Ganesh, not tiki, but i digg it

heres a little tiki i carved out of a chunck of palm, i call it a fish god, but this pic was taken before i carved the gills on it

heres some little palm wood masks i carved, about the size of your hand. the marquesan one is sold

painted this surf board as part of the mainlanders 1st aniversary art show

bottom

middle

more to come, i just need to resize and upload the pics

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-10-02 22:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-10-04 20:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-10-05 16:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-12-08 13:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-12-08 14:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2009-02-02 21:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2009-05-04 16:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2009-05-08 12:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2009-06-11 22:12 ]

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 5:51 pm   Permalink

heres a shrunken head painting I did, acrylics on wood

tiki #4?

back of no.4

green mask i painted, its on the lid from a human powered submarine i help build...go figure, its next to my guitar so you can see the size

drunk tiki bob painting, acrylics on wood

tiki i carved out of the base of an oolldd palm frawn, then i painted it in with red, looks like something that was charred by a volcano

heres a charcoal drawing i did of a fink lookin surfer, this was my first time using charcoal

mr.bali hai painting, i like this one because i painted it right in the middle of the jessoed paper, its not matted on it

heres an in progress shot of my latest tiki "idol of the jivaro" tiki #5? its still has to be stained, and i have to finish painting the hair and detail on the shrunken heads and do the stiches on them

close up of the shrunken head, still need to paint the hair, detail, and stiches

side view, the heads go all the way around the base

close up of the front of the base

heres another little palm wood mask i carved, this one about the size of my fist, this ones is being transformed into a belt buckle,i dug out the back and got the buckle, i just need to attach the two

Im REALY stoaked with this peice. I sculpted the shrunken head out of clay, made a plaster mold, then did a latex casting. then i painted it, added hair, put the little bone through the nose,stiched up the mouth and lips, and tied in some feathers and beads. some of the beads i actualy got from the amazon when i was there last summer! its going to be mounted on a coconut shell base i made. im going to be making a few of these this summer, and yes, they are for sale

[ This Message was edited by: tikithomas08 2008-06-27 18:19 ]

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 9:57 pm   Permalink

Nice! So much art in you. Yes let it out.
The painting with all the tikis Love it!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 07:00 am   Permalink

Astounding work, especially for somebody who can't spell "medium"!

Thom-Thom and friend showed up at the 2007 Oasis with a uke and bongoes, serenaded the whole Chop group, and then grabbed a log each and slammed through 'em without breaking for a chat. I kept wondering when he was going to pause & go look at the rest of the Oasis booths, but he was hooked good.

Great work, man, imaginative as heck; you get a free Danger Mask pendant, hit me up for one next time.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 3:00 pm   Permalink

thanks seeksurf and cammo

haha i dont need no edjumacation!

sweet thanks dood, ill be sure to hit you up at the next chop

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 5:41 pm   Permalink

Damn, that's a lot of nice art in one post!

I really like that painting with all the different tikis! I like the palm frond chunk with the red paint! And that charcoal piece is sweet, you NEED to do more charcoal! Maybe a tiki next time.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 6:32 pm   Permalink

Excellent Stuff! Way to go Thomas! Great to see you up and posting!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 7:06 pm   Permalink

Yo, Thomas. Awesome stuff, more like Way Excellent. Love the Shrunken head on the tiki and the one by itself.

Great work.

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2008-09-08 19:04 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 10:06 pm   Permalink

4WD,Babalu, and Benz

many thanks for the kind words!

4WD, i think im going to start doing more charcoal stuff because its allot cheaper then paint, and im always short on cash. and ive got a sketch i did of a tiki thatll be perfect for the next peice

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 06:28 am   Permalink

He means:

4WD, I'll be doing more charcoal stuff, because it's a lot cheaper then paint; and I'm always short on cash. I have a sketch I did of a Tiki that'll be perfect for my next piece.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blindy the pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 08:12 am   Permalink

That surfboard is awesome. It wasn't until the first close up pic that I saw it was tikis on top of tikis on top of tikis. Very cool.

View Profile of blindy the pirate Send a personal message to blindy the pirate  Email blindy the pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 08:41 am   Permalink

COOL! Great stuff, and SO much of it. Surf, Tiki, guitars...what else could ya want? Definitely post the shrunken head tiki pics, gotta see that.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 4:15 pm   Permalink

Yay Thomas! I'm so glad you finally got a thread going and all your pictures up! Your stuff looks great!! Really digging the Bali Hai guy, he looks great.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 03:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

bottom

middle

Awesome work Those Tiki on Tiki images would make killer fabric! Mahalo for posting..... Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 04:28 am   Permalink

Thomas......Freakin A, man. The shrunken heads on the tiki you were working on at the Masonic chop blew my mind. Aint been done, sept fer you.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation