FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 02:14 am   Permalink

Excellent stuff Tom-Tom, it is great fun to watch your skills blossom and to see your tikis get so GOOD! Keep up the great work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 04:59 am   Permalink

Great work mate! Love the exposed brain on the little monster, ive been toying with a similar idea, and it looks great!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 09:41 am   Permalink

Tiki Thomas, I got your Lava Maori Moai as a gift for a friend. I'm glad I wasn't your only sale. I feel like the Emperor from Stars Wars... almost have my friend (hard core metal freak) turned to the Dark Side. He's planning on turning his garage/pool room into a tiki haven. I thought LMM would be a nice constant reminder to start that project instead of always talking about it. Thanks, I know he's gonna dig it!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 2:15 pm   Permalink

benzart,hewey and tiki mango THANKS!

tikimango, glad i could help in converting your friend to the tiki side!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 9:04 pm   Permalink

Hey Tom-Tom, that "Lava Maori Moai" is great work, and the TFink is cool.

Could you please take a super-close-up shot of those new shoes of yours and post 'em here? (You guys'll see what I mean.)

Thanx.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 11:17 pm   Permalink

thanks cam-cam

yeah man once i get ahold of my camera ill take a pic for ya!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 1:23 pm   Permalink

not being able to carve in my building is killing me!!!!! ive gone like 2 weeks no chippin' im getting carving withdrawals, im trying to type but ive got the shakes! I NEED to get some small flexcuts and gouges for smaller carving. all you pendant carves have the right idea

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 1:50 pm   Permalink

Thomas, the reason I left a nice condo with granite counters, (gardeners and a pool) and bought a fixer-upper house, is so that I could carve. The HOA said NO WAY, man. You can always work on stuff over here, if you can make it up. I'm home during the day and am around by 10a. Not being able to carve really sets you back, as far as your progression goes.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 1:53 pm   Permalink

Camm i couldnt take a pic of the shoes because i dont have my camera with me, but heres a pic from online. the artist is named Greg "pnut" Galinsky. he does some really radd paintings, i digg

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 2:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-03 13:50, Billy the Crud wrote:
Thomas, the reason I left a nice condo with granite counters, (gardeners and a pool) and bought a fixer-upper house, is so that I could carve. The HOA said NO WAY, man. You can always work on stuff over here, if you can make it up. I'm home during the day and am around by 10a. Not being able to carve really sets you back, as far as your progression goes.

thanks I appreciate the offer, man. but with my classes schedule for this semester, goin back and forth from sdsu to lemon grove isnt in the books for me. smaller stuff i can carve without leaving my room, or going far is what im aiming for. the good thing though is clint beachwoods station is pretty close to me,so i get my dosage of surf bands every week. maybe he'll let me carve in front of his station, hmm...

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 7:50 pm   Permalink

LOVE those FREAKIN' SHOES MAN!!!!!!

You folks have to see 'em up close, they're 60's hipster Tiki designs mixed with mod art and people with really long necks. They're the coolest shoes ever. I worship those shoes.

They have sole.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-05 12:54 pm   Permalink

some new stuff...

as you may have seen in babalus thread,im workin on a mug to go with the dunk tiki bob mug

heres a tiki shirt design/album art/sticker design i did for a outerspace/sci-fi surf band from ohio called atomic johnny. They also hired me to carve these for them too, soo once i get some work done on them ill post

and it occurred to me that i never posted this picture of me from when i was in france

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-05 1:03 pm   Permalink

I hear a moan in the background...maybe she wants to see the mag too!!! GREAT PIC

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-05 2:18 pm   Permalink

Great mug design! He looks very happy!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-06 10:25 am   Permalink

Looking good, Thomas! Like the mug!

...Atomic...Johnny...must..destroy...

So were you in the Louvre after it closed or somthing? There was a mosh pit in front of Mona Lisa when I went!

Bowana

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation