Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Hyper tufa carvings
Hyper tufa carvings
alexdog1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-30 10:23 am   Permalink

I originally posted these pics in the carving section http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28598&forum=7&13 and thought that they would also apply here. I have recently completed some other projects that include the two Tiki torches and the Tiki table top that I carved in a pinstripe version of a Tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: alexdog1 2008-06-30 10:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alexdog1 2008-06-30 10:30 ]

View Profile of alexdog1 Send a personal message to alexdog1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-30 11:08 am   Permalink

Very Nice. I didn't realize hypertufa was structurally strong enough to make a table out of. Are those pieces molded in that shape or carved after they cure?

Looks like hypertufa would also work for faux rocks. I priced a fiberglass faux rock at Lowe's/Home Depot and it was $40. Seems like you should be able to make one for about $5 worth of cement and peat moss.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Musubi Mom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-30 11:32 am   Permalink

Hey Alexdog those new torches are great. I spent last Sunday making a torch and it is unbelievable how much it looks like yours. The table is really nice, that pinstripe tiki on top could be an ancient carving.

View Profile of Musubi Mom Send a personal message to Musubi Mom  Email Musubi Mom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alexdog1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-30 1:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks. I poured the tufa in a round mold made from metal dryer venting and then carved.

View Profile of alexdog1 Send a personal message to alexdog1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alexdog1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-30 6:26 pm   Permalink

Here are a few more that I forgot about.

Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 11:06 am   Permalink

Looking good and great medium. Gotta love those tiki torches.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 11:22 am   Permalink

That Moai second from the bottom has much life. Great sunken eyes. And that cement pinstripe is something. Never saw that before. The color on that stone has nice tones too. I need to get back into cement soon.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation