[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mermaids & Mai-Kai returns Jan. 23
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mermaids & Mai-Kai returns Jan. 23
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-01 01:10 am   Permalink

Join us for our "inaugural" 2009 happy hour bash and celebrate a brighter future for all (including, hopefully, The Wreck Bar). Click to the end of this thread for more details.

Original post:

We know, it's only been a few weeks but we're already getting a mermaid/Mai-Kai/rockabilly jones, so why not just do it? Return to the scene of the crime (Fort Lauderdale) for the first Mermaids & Mai-Kai gathering!

On Friday, July 11, at 5 p.m. we meet at The Wreck Bar at The Yankee Clipper on Fort Lauderdale beach for happy hour (cheap drinks and appetizers) and the mermaid show at 5:30.

Then, around 6, it's off to the Mai-Kai for more happy hour (one 2-4-1 drink and half-priced appetizers until 7) and live rockabilly from Slip & the Spinouts (you may have caught them at The Wreck Bar during Hukilau). If that's not enough, it's Ladies Night all night.

One disclaimer: Marina (the official mermaid of The Wreck Bar) won't be joining us on July 11 but she assures me that her able protege, Kami, will put on a great show. And Marina hopes to join us for our August gathering.

Hopefully we can make this a monthly tradition, as long as the mermaids keep swimming and the Mai-Kai keeps rocking on Friday nights. Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2008-07-09 21:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2008-09-01 12:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2008-09-17 02:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2008-09-29 20:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2008-11-07 00:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2009-01-08 00:03 ]

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 06:33 am   Permalink

Excellent! However I will be heading out of town that night. I hope to be there for August!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 08:00 am   Permalink

Having missed the Hukilau this year, missing this reunion, so soon afterward, is all the more melancholy. I hope you all will take pity on us who are cursed by distance, and take lots of pics, perhaps even some video. This way, we can sort of get our vicarious attendance thing on. It's great to know that this great establishment is not being taken for granted by the locals. Thanks!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kauai-Kelley

Posted: 2008-07-02 10:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone! You'll find me right by Hurricane Hayward's side to welcome you to our first "Mermaids and the Mai Kai" evening.

Join us for a night of master mixology, mind-blowing merriment & many magnificent moments.

Mahalo!

View Profile of Kauai-Kelley Send a personal message to Kauai-Kelley      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 8:27 pm   Permalink

Can't make it in July, hope to see ya in August!
Have a 2fer for me...

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-07 11:15 am   Permalink

For those of you planning on visiting the Wreck Bar to see Kami swim, may I suggest you take advantage of the Valet Service.... You may not make it to the Mai-Kai in time to catch Happy Hour otherwise.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-08 11:24 am   Permalink

A couple updates:

* We're comfirming our next gathering for Friday, Aug. 8. Slip & the Spinouts will be back at the Mai-Kai and Marina will be swimming at The Wreck Bar.

Whoever can't make it this Friday we hope to see you in August! Spread the word.

* And if you're not doing anything Saturday, July 12, be sure to check out the opening of the Tiki Fine Art Show (the same works that were on display at Hukilau) at the Harold Golen Gallery in Miami:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28959&forum=&1

[ This Message was edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2008-07-10 11:28 ]

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-26 2:38 pm   Permalink

One more reason to attend the Aug. 8 party: That night is also Tiki Kiliki's going away dinner at the Mai-Kai. She's leaving us for San Antonio and we want to make sure she gets a proper send-off.

For more info, check out the thread on that event:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29220&forum=4&0

Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-10 1:24 pm   Permalink

Some photos of the Aug. 8 bash can be found below and at the thread above.

The September date will be announced soon.

Kauai-Kelley

Posted: 2008-09-02 07:27 am   Permalink

Looking forward to another fun evening, can't wait...

View Profile of Kauai-Kelley Send a personal message to Kauai-Kelley      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-03 08:31 am   Permalink

I'm In!

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 08:41 am   Permalink

Ok... OK... quit twisting my arm already...

I'll be there.

[ This Message was edited by: otikiniko 2008-09-08 08:43 ]

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 05:01 am   Permalink

Well, bummer. Looks like I'm going to miss you all by one day. I'll be at the Mai-Kai (with family) this Saturday (9-13). If any of you wants to make it a double feature at the Mai-Kai, join us during happy hour Saturday!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 8:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-08 08:41, otikiniko wrote:
Ok... OK... quit twisting my arm already...

If I'm done teachin' early enough Saturday I'll attempt to make it a "Twofer" so'z I can see your smilin' mug!

...then I'll go paint!!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-09-12 11:34 am   Permalink

As luck would have it hurricane Ike foiled my plans to fly home from florida today, after a short business trip and I am stuck in FL for the evening...oh well, i guess i'll be dropping by for a 2for1 jet pilot!

I wish Mr. Smiley was here with me...

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation