FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki chunk swag lamps
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
chunk swag lamps
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 5:39 pm   Permalink

i tried but i can not fit these in anywhere in my house. before i take them to my booth...anyone what to make an offer.one is 16",the other is 2ft.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 09:57 am   Permalink

Sent you a PM. Im interested.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 11:50 am   Permalink

WOW! lots of interest in these. who would have thought? i thought i was the only one who thought they were cool. i got a lot of pm's and emails a couple with offers.( key word - offers)i am not going to be rushed on these . these are NICE pieces.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 1:53 pm   Permalink

ebay item,350074615375 , not my auction ,just for reference.
sorry i do not know how to do the links.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-07-03 04:06 ]

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 3:58 pm   Permalink

found in another box ,and adding to the mix is two hanging can lights and two wall sconce lights in a matching design.

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 11:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-02 11:50, TIKI DAVID wrote:
WOW! lots of interest in these. who would have thought? i thought i was the only one who thought they were cool. i got a lot of pm's and emails a couple with offers.( key word - offers)i am not going to be rushed on these . these are NICE pieces.

I'm kinda surprised that you did not answer my PM, I asked what they are worth, I came back here to find that you have changed your song from, "Oh Hell! These don't fit in my house, ah...anyone want them?" To showing a $300 ebay ad. "NICE pieces"
Well I won't rush you...take one "Interested" person off the list.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 11:15 pm   Permalink

The blue ones are beautiful, thanks for posting photos! Those sure are huge chunks of lucite.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-04 05:49 am   Permalink

Get the kids all hot and wet and then jack up the price!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-04 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-04 05:49, TikiLaLe wrote:
Get the kids all hot and wet and then jack up the price!

just where did i do that? from the get i said make an offer. the ebay reference was just that,a reference.

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-04 06:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-03 23:03, bananabobs wrote:

I'm kinda surprised that you did not answer my PM, I asked what they are worth, I came back here to find that you have changed your song from, "Oh Hell! These don't fit in my house, ah...anyone want them?" To showing a $300 ebay ad. "NICE pieces"
Well I won't rush you...take one "Interested" person off the list.
[/quote]

i did not answer because you did not say anything ,except that you did not know what they were worth.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-07-04 06:52 ]

TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-04 07:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-02 11:50, TIKI DAVID wrote:
i thought i was the only one who thought they were cool.

That's what I thought too. Those are truly hideous. I say sell them as soon as you can before people realize the emperor has no clothes on

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-04 09:10 am   Permalink

SOLD! OFF THE MARKET! GONE! LET IT GO! DONE! OVER!

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-07-04 09:12 ]

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-04 9:43 pm   Permalink

Okay...want to clear things up? Give us a background on those lamps, now I see more of them around, so, when they were made? What era are they? Mid-century modern or TiKi? I'm gonna guess that you did not spend $300 each, so were they swap meet finds? Garage sale? Thrift? What? If we were search for them, (and I will) How? What? Where.
I think they are insanely cool! I want one real bad, I don't think that you meant for this thread to go weird, it just did. I probably would have done what you did if I got something cheap and then when I realized there was a lot more interest than I thought... anyway bring us up to speed on these lamps. Cool?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 07:42 am   Permalink

those lamps turn up every so often...the can lights were made for a nightclub as part of the decor...those are likely not vintage but from some 80's dance club in ohio were david lives.....you can tell they were hand-made ....probably got them at a flea market and certainly not worth $300....

in fact..i'll bet tikibars can identify exactly which club they came from since he is very familiar with the cleveland area....

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-07-05 07:45 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-05 08:02 am   Permalink

Not saying what these lights are worth.
But have you priced just the glass these days?
It's hard to find just the parts for that lamp.
And even when you do it's not cheap.
Every now and then you get lucky and find things for
next to nothing.
But even then you got a ton of time into looking for the parts.

My dad said it best, "something is only worth what someone is
willing to pay"

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation