FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TONGA HUT ART SHOW/Tiki Mag Release/Ruzic's birthday--Aug.2,2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
TONGA HUT ART SHOW/Tiki Mag Release/Ruzic's birthday--Aug.2,2008
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 09:15 am   Permalink

Great show, great artists. I was there somewhere, shopping!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-04 09:29 am   Permalink

GROG think Squid not having much fun judging by this picture of him being molested by Soccertiki. GROG also overhear Tikitrav say that he dry-humped Squid's leg. So, GROG doubt we're going to see Squid show up at very many of these events. Unless he enjoyed being molested, then he'll be the first one to show up.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 09:51 am   Permalink

Hello all,

Greg here saying Thank You to everyone who participated last Saturday evening at the Tonga Hut. I met some really fun people for the first time, drank a Mai Tai and a few Navy Grogs, talked technique with the artists...but I did have difficulty holding back $ and purchasing cool stuff - my God, did you see OceaOtica's amazing large red/orange ceramic volcanoes? (I'm saving $$ for San Diego guys and gals!).

I realize this Saturday was just a fraction of the excitement that Tiki Oasis promises to be in two weeks and I scream BRING IT ON! - I can do the social tiki thing all summer.

Thanks Grog for the organizing and last of all - THANK YOU Tonga Hut for hosting these cool events. It keeps working/living in the San Fernando Valley bearable.

Hau'oli piha makahiki, la ho'omana'o

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2008-08-04 09:54 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 11:11 am   Permalink

Just got some pics from the show downloaded.

Miles aka Evil Mastermind crafting a last minute Ocea Otica sign, Miles really busted out some crazy foamcore skills making large and teensy signage, and was just a great general support for my first outing

booth 90% set up

Boris gettin the ball rolling as the first to sign the new mailing list

my great friends who came to support, help, got shanghai-ed into watching the booth when i need to get some air. Special thanks to MOQ for tying all that raffia into small skirts to decorate. They had a great time, had plenty of cocktails, and picked up some Tiki Tony goods
Thanks again for such a great show! and to all the people that came over to see what i have been spending the last 2 months, sometimes 13 hours a day, working on.

[ This Message was edited by: OceaOtica 2008-08-04 11:25 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 11:14 am   Permalink

I am Sooooooooooo bald!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 11:30 am   Permalink

ya, sorry, my picture taking is not always keen, i chopped your head off, you didnt need that brain anyways did you?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 12:25 pm   Permalink

Whats a brain?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 1:22 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for coming out to the Art Show on Saturday. Thank you Ernie! You did a great job putting it all together once again. Thank you to all the artists, Nick from Tiki Magazine, DJ Lee, our bartenders and all of you Tiki enthusiasts that have kept the Tonga Hut alive for 50 years. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ana and Jeremy

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 5:46 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to give a big mahalos to all and especially Nick for covering me as the Featured Carver in this issue . It really meant a lot to me to be in the same issue as Thor, Holden and Sven .My head is still spinning and Im wagging my tail . In fact , Im happier than a puppy with 2 peckers . Thanks again Nick , Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 6:24 pm   Permalink

What a great night, thanks again GROG for your hospitality over the weekend and being gentle with me..

Was great to see everyone and a great little warm up for oasis..

I had a special present for Kinny which someone has a photo of, i'm sure kinny would have loved to be there to recieve it in person, but i guess there is always next time...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-06 09:16 am   Permalink

I'd like to thank Ana & Jeremy from the Tonga Hut and Grog for organizing such a fun event. Also, thanks to the TC Ohana (It was great to see so many friends), Tiki Mag contributors at the party (Kari, Paul, Tim, etc.). Also thanks to the Tiki Mag features in this issue (who were at the party) Sven, Tiki Ray, and Thor, who created the beautiful cover. See you at Oasis next week!!

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-07 12:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-04 18:24, Tiki Trav wrote:
I had a special present for Kinny which someone has a photo of, i'm sure kinny would have loved to be there to recieve it in person, but i guess there is always next time...

Here's Tiki Trav pulling out a pair of presents for your birthday Kinny.

And it was THIS guy's birthday, so we DID have one person at the Tonga Hut celebrating their birthday.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 09:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-07 00:20, GROG wrote:
Here's Tiki Trav pulling out a present for your birthday Kinny.

Wait!
I can't see my present from Trav!
Let me grab my Magnifying Glass....

AAAAAAAW! a little GROGGY!
Just what i always wanted!
Thanks Trav! You guys from England Land are the BEST!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 5:26 pm   Permalink

sometimes i just love to expose my little GROG...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 02:08 am   Permalink

Finally able to upload photos after beng down for weeks.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation