FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » SoCal Tiki Artists' Carving Hut at Tiki Oasis '08 !!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
SoCal Tiki Artists' Carving Hut at Tiki Oasis '08 !!!
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 07:58 am   Permalink

Dave those look great! edges look sharp enough to use as a weapon!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 4:03 pm   Permalink

is the carving group full? I havent seen any release or waiver to sign yet? Am I too late? Or is it possible I dont have enough monthly chops under my belt?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 4:25 pm   Permalink

Come over this Sunday and double your chop total!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 4:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-08 22:06, Bowana wrote:
Watching me carve is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'll probably be working on a pendant.

I'll have some of these with me

This is my latest, übertiki.

Love that übertiki, Dave. You just may be the next TC craftsman to be duplicated by the rip-off guys. Those are all good but don't be suprised to find übertiki soap bars, lighters or breath mints.

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 8:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-15 16:25, 4WDtiki wrote:
Come over this Sunday and double your chop total!

Haha, I hope you can make it this weekend Derek!

Sorry I hadn't posted this yet, I'm swamped with work and stuff. Here's the list of who I have interested at this point - please contact me if there's anyone I'm missing.

Tiki-Kate
CheekyGirl
TikiLee
Bowana
4WDtiki
TikiThomas08
Mieko
Monkeyman
T_birdman

I'll try to have an email out to everyone soon.

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2008-07-16 10:38 ]

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 11:05 pm   Permalink

sorry, i wont be choppin' with yall, ill be bussy maning my both in artist alley

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain FOREMAN

Posted: 2008-07-20 10:30 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, when exactly is this event again? Is there room for another carver (me) to join in for some funky carving? I recently acquired some eucalyptus logs today, and have ideas burning, as well as a new tiki piece I'm starting entitled, 'Crackon Tiki.' I guess Tiki Lee is the mastermind to talk to about this? So, Lee could you let me know if I can come carve, I want to chainsaw carve and I have alot of hand tools to share if that sweetens the pot. Email me at 7centnickel@gmail.com. Do you remember me? Because I recall the great discussion we had about wood.

Hot Milk, Cap'n FOREMAN

View Profile of Captain FOREMAN Send a personal message to Captain FOREMAN  Goto the website of Captain FOREMAN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 10:03 am   Permalink

Lee, thanks for starting the Oasis Carving thread! And since space is pretty tight, I'll be working on a sign for my home tiki bar. No big log or carving horse to lug! I'm traveling light.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 11:54 am   Permalink

is the space too tight to carve a 5 foot log?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 3:20 pm   Permalink

It's a 10'x10' space. Divide that by howevermany peoples, and you personnaly will get 4.2 feet, sorry.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-21 8:54 pm   Permalink

Somebody else post their work, dammit!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 9:26 pm   Permalink

maybe I will just hang back and let you regulars run the show

I will stop by to see how you all are doing periodically throughout the event

10 x 10 is WAY WAY too tiny

KahunaKev

Posted: 2008-07-21 10:25 pm   Permalink

Still haven't seen posted:

When / Where is this event taking place?

Thanks!!

KahunaKev

View Profile of KahunaKev Send a personal message to KahunaKev  Email KahunaKev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 10:49 pm   Permalink

Hey KahunaKev, this is part of Tiki Oasis, we'll be carving on Aug 16 & 17, but check www.tikioasis.com for all the other events going on.

Hey Capt, the SoCal Tiki Artists are a group of people who meet on a monthly basis to share carving tips and other ideas. We usually meet at someone's house, but were invited to meet at Oasis, and do our normal carving there. If you're interested in joining us, check the CA events threads for our next normal meeting, the Oasis event is very limited in space, so it's going to be for people we've carved with before.

Monkeyman - a 5 foot tiki would be pretty tight, but I really hope you can find a smaller piece of wood and join us. I always learn so much from you!

Oh, and just FYI for everyone, because of the limited space, we won't have any power tools at all.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KahunaKev

Posted: 2008-07-22 6:36 pm   Permalink

Thank Mieko!

View Profile of KahunaKev Send a personal message to KahunaKev  Email KahunaKev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation