FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events July chop - "Carve-o-rama" Sunday the 20th - Oceanside
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
July chop - "Carve-o-rama" Sunday the 20th - Oceanside
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 08:44 am   Permalink

Can't wait to try a VooDoo Kitty.

Really looking forward to art camp Sunday!

I am looking for a pc. of wood to carve, and am willing to shell out some cash for it. Please help me!

I'll bring some yummies to munch on!

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 3:51 pm   Permalink

I have some wood at bill's that I can chop a section off for ya...so bring your tools and be ready to work in the new and improved drama free zone

[ This Message was edited by: Clysdalle 2008-07-17 15:51 ]

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 4:17 pm   Permalink

I'm hoping to attend, so see you all there.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 7:52 pm   Permalink

looks like im in to !

(im reallly going for voodoo kities )

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 4:37 pm   Permalink

Just a reminder to all that it's on Sunday. I don't want any kooks showin up tomorrow morning!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-18 4:42 pm   Permalink

bet if i showed up tomorrow w/ tamales you wouldnt shoo me and pops away , count us in for SUNDAY.

[ This Message was edited by: Cannibal Sam 2008-07-18 16:43 ]

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-18 16:42, Cannibal Sam wrote:
bet if i showed up tomorrow w/ tamales you wouldnt shoo me and pops away , count us in for SUNDAY.

I bet you're right.

I'll be whipping up some kalua pork tomorrow.

Can't wait to see you all on Sunday.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 9:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-18 16:42, Cannibal Sam wrote:
bet if i showed up tomorrow w/ tamales you wouldnt shoo me and pops away ,

You might want to show up with some of those blue hospital sheet things and some blue washcloths just to be safe.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 11:54 am   Permalink

Well guys looks like I'm going to make this 3 in a row we miss.

Came home from the awesome time at the Light Gallery Tiki Freakout show to some family drama. I promise I'll bring my Neptune Salad and Bruschetta next time.

Hey Clydesdale, save me some wood!

Hey Cheeky Girl, save me some VooDoo Kitty!

Miss y'all!

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 7:30 pm   Permalink

It was the best Carve-O-Rama ever!!!

Had a great time. Missed the Skinny Dogs and the Cannibal clan though.

People carved and painted in a delightfully mellow, drama-free environment. I got a lot of work done today.

The Voodoo Kitty was awesome. Looking forwarded to sampling some more at Oasis.

Thanks again to Bill and Lennie for opening up their home to all of us.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-20 8:32 pm   Permalink

The July Carve-O-Rama! Done, and done! Nice day for it too. Great weather and some new folks, jab tiki, TikiMango,TikiG and Capn' Jim (that name will have to do for now). Nice to see ya, guys! Let's see what's going on, shall we? C'mon! It'll be fun!

In the Sittin' Area:

Kate working away on the multi-functional Carving Hut sign we'll have for Oasis. It will also serve as a breadboard for making Tiki Sandwiches.

Clysdalle finally figuring out how a pen works. Hmm...that's two lefties in a row here.

Cheeky Girl copying her designs line for line onto her post covers. Remember that it's notebook paper. Some of those lines you won't be needing.

Mieko and Musubi Mom painting up Mieko's pendants.

Careful not to accidentally stick your brush in Lennie's bean dip.

Oh! My sensitive area!

Buzzy from last month's Carve...

..and Buzzy from this month's Carve. Are those spiderwebs?

Saludos desde Buenos Aires!

Let's see what those carvers are up to, hm?

geedavee gives his the old "Burn Baby, Burn" treatment.

Jim starts his first Tiki with one of those logs that are hard and crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Much like a Fig Newton.

Looks like you might need a bigger boat, eh Capn'? And stop dropping my tools in the dirt, dammit!

jab tiki jabbin', mon!

Buzzard buzzin' it!

Nice looking Moai!

Cheeky bumps it up a notch from last month with her electric router.

4WD sealing up his Tiki Mug Collection Containment System.

geedavee trims the fat Jenny Craig style.

Cyndi finishes hers! A proud mom she is.

Mieko's nephew catches the carving bug!

Meanwhile, back in the Sittin' Area:

Kate, aren't you done yet? Jeez! And what's that empty Voodoo Kitty glass there on the table? Oh, never mind.

Either carve, draw, paint, drink, or keep walking!

Hey, those humans left....let us dance!

I like being the photographer. I'm not in any pictures. Muhahah!
Sam, Alex, Scott, Jen, where ya at?!
Thanks Bill and Lennie for hosting another great Carve. Nice to see everybody!

Yer pal,

Bowana-donna-fofonna

...The drums!...The drums!...

[ This Message was edited by: bowana 2008-07-21 14:01 ]

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 06:40 am   Permalink

great time everyone!! That is what a chop is all about.....can't wait to see you all again at Oasis!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 07:44 am   Permalink

For my first Carve-O-Rama, it was awesome. It was great putting faces to the names and being surrounded by so many creative people. I'll be more prepared next time, with at least a sketch book, or crayons... or silly putty... something! The Voodoo Kitties were tasty. 4WDtiki, thanks for allowing me in.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 12:48 pm   Permalink

Nice blow-by-blow Bowanna! Fun carv-o-rama day...weather was b-u-tee-full!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 1:42 pm   Permalink

Hi all, Greg here.
Just want to say a big Thank You to Bill and Lennie for yesterday's chop invitation. I hitched a ride with TikiMango from Sylmar to hopefully learn how to carve a tiki using palm log wood. At first I was a little nervous about going, not having met anyone yet I didn't know how a newbie would be accepted into this carving circle. All anxiety was forgotten as soon as we arrived; Bill was fantastic from the start and friends, no attitude at all was present, all the way down to the family dog! I learned so much my creative juices went from slow simmer in the morning to a rolling boil by mid afternoon. SO MUCH TO SOAK IN. I brought my digital camera to capture techniques(Thanks Bowana for posting your shots above).

I'm glad I had a chance to talk with several people here before I dove into my first large wood carving project. I'm fully confident today to begin a wood carved idol..a magnificent TIKI.

I look forward to meeting everyone again at Tiki Oasis in August to compare notes once again. By the way, on the way home from Oceanside to Sylmar TikiMango and myself stopped at BAHOOKA in Rosemead to order a round of ribs and grogs for dinner, as I had to have a green colored mug. Bahooka is a trip!

Thanks again one last time. TikiG

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation