FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Where did this go wrong? A collector's lament for the ages!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Where did this go wrong? A collector's lament for the ages!
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-31 10:20 pm   Permalink

I feel your pain, D! I've moved some of my other stuff to make way for Tiki. I really enjoy many things, but Tiki has moved to the top of the list. Do you suppose on of 'em cursed us?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lente
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-07 5:50 pm   Permalink

I had a similiar problem. Too much time in thrift stores, and too many hobbies. When I moved, it cost me 200$ to get the stuff I had accumulated that wasn't worth moving with me thrown away.
I try to follow the "if I'm not using it, it's not worth having around" rule. But that is of course a gray area. I don't let other people (other than the wife of course) drink out of my tiki mugs (unless it is winter and we are in on the carpet) so I have more of those than I could use all at the same time.
And, like the comics mentioned above, I have more videogames than I will ever have time to beat, unless I actually get to retire some day 30 years in the shady future.
It's a trick, balancing collecting against hoarding. But at the end of the day, looking through my LPs or NES games while drinking out of a favorite mug is pretty nice.

View Profile of Lente Send a personal message to Lente      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-07 6:19 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2011-05-08 03:33 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-13 1:58 pm   Permalink

Wasn't there a show on t.v. this past week or so, that showcased collectors and the crazy collections that they collect? I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere online, but definitely want to watch it.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-05-24 7:47 pm   Permalink

When I combined my storage units into one warehouse here in Las Vegas, I was shocked at how much stuff i have! I never have seen it in one place before!! It was always in separate units. Even when I moved from Oakland, it took 3 pods and a few 26 foot U-haul loads-again, never in one spot at the same time. That being said, how much for the 8mm movies?!?!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation