FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food coconut beer.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
coconut beer.
Talkie-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 4:57 pm   Permalink

I tried coconut beer at the local beer hall last weekend . Let me tell you that stuff is nectar of the gods! To most people here it probbly is an old stand by but, for the neophite tikiphyle it is an experience to remenber! Next time I go "out drinkin'" I will get the name of the beer for the unconverted newbie.

[ This Message was edited by: Talkie-Tiki on 2003-03-06 16:57 ]

View Profile of Talkie-Tiki Send a personal message to Talkie-Tiki  Email Talkie-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 5:05 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:14 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Talkie-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 8:26 pm   Permalink

The funny thing was it wasn't too sweet and the coconut was not overpowering.

View Profile of Talkie-Tiki Send a personal message to Talkie-Tiki  Email Talkie-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 8:47 pm   Permalink

Hmmmmmmmmm... Sounds interesting! I'm a regular consumer of good ol' Pabst Blue Ribbon but have never included beer in a drink menu for a Tiki gathering. A few of my closest pals are a bit adverse to Liquor Drinkin' and, so, bring their own. It would be nice to be able to offer something they would enjoy that was also a bit tropical and different (even if they are Party Poopers).

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 10:07 pm   Permalink

I am really lucky that since I moved to the US, most large cities offer a good selection of imported beers, and micro brewery ales from all around the states are available, which means I like real beer, so this brew sound suspicious to me....BUT!: I am spotting an opportunity here for that darn Tiki socialite conflict, when the situation (Tiki Bar or party) demands a Mai Tai to be imbibed, but my Germaness gets the better of me and all I really want is a beer....voila: Coconut beer! Politically correct in any Tiki Lounge!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 10:57 pm   Permalink

Not as exotic, but I did partake in a blueberry ale that was quite tasty a little while back...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 11:24 pm   Permalink

That Captain Morgan brew is actually ok too (depending on mood). It's a rum-flavored beer.

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 06:32 am   Permalink

Well I guess all flavors are covered now. I own a store that sells wine, liquor and beer. We are known for our beer selection and I haven't heard of this one yet. Let me know the name. The Capt'n Malt Beverage has been discontinued up here but I hear they may reformulate and try again. As far as my tastes goes that stuff tasted like an old rum & coke with all the ice melted the morning after.

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 06:38 am   Permalink

if ya ever get a chance to try banana flavoured lambic, i recommend it.

i tried it at my friendly neighborhood belgian bar & grill.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 09:14 am   Permalink

What was the brand name of the coconut beer? I wonder if I could find some here.

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 1:24 pm   Permalink

Where do you get this beer? Remember the old Primo Beer from Hawaii? The only tropical or "tiki" beer I have found is the Tahitian Hinano. Much like Heiniken but it conjurs up all kinds of long, warm nights in Bora Bora.

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-08 10:48 pm   Permalink

Rum Flavored Beer?

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-08 11:34 pm   Permalink

If any of you guys manage to make out here to San Diego you might get a taste of my favorite brew - Arrogant Bastard Ale brewed by Stone Brewery in San Marcos,CA. Comes in 20 oz bottles, 7.2% alc. "hated by many, loved by few" mmmm...delicious!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-09 07:02 am   Permalink

Big Bro, being born and raised in Germany, you have beer in your blood!

Look for "Pirate" beer from Belguim(sp?). It's up there next to EKU28! Stronger than strong! I get "wacked" on the hard stuff (rum, etc.Big Ol Tiki Bash) so, beer is in my blood too!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-09 07:15 am   Permalink

7.5 percent? Pussies!

You ought to try some of our fine Canadian Beverages:

Fin Du Monde (End of the World)
http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm

Maudite (the Damned One)
http://www.unibroue.com/products/maudite.cfm

Terrible
http://www.unibroue.com/products/terrible.cfm

(in french, 'terrible' means something more akin to 'fearsome' or 'scary' as opposed to just lousy)

You can only have a few Maudite before some Terrible things happen, and trust me, the next morning it will feel like the End Of The WOrld!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation