FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Mag's Tiki Island-Planet Rooth Closing Show October 11th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Mag's Tiki Island-Planet Rooth Closing Show October 11th
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-25 2:17 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone,

The closing show for Tiki Island Lands on Planet Rooth is October 11th. It is also a Ray-At-Night event which should bring a good crowd. The show starts at 6pm (I will make sure that the gallery honors this time). Still some great deals on some incredible art. Hope to see you there. Drinks at Bar Pink later.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 3:44 pm   Permalink

Count me in. You buying the drinks?

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-25 5:43 pm   Permalink

Squid,

Your first drink is on me.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-25 6:19 pm   Permalink

I missed the opening, but I'll be able to make this one! I'd better, considering I live about 6 minutes away.

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 6:47 pm   Permalink

I'm goin!
and I'm bringin a few pitchforks and torches!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SciFiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-27 8:15 pm   Permalink

Stopped by the gallery (Saturday 9/27) today at about 4:15 PM. Loved the show and what I saw, but have to say, customer service, or even acknowledgment, was non-existent. I was the only one in the gallery show room, and when I poked my head in to the back work room (which was a space actually larger than the gallery itself) there was someone there on the phone but when I said 'hello' he didn't respond. As I was looking at the show over the next ten minutes or so two guys came in and walked straight to the back: didn't even acknowledge that I was there even though I was the only one in the show room. At the same time, there was a bicycle parked in the gallery that prevented me from getting a close look at some of the images. There was a little stand outside the door indicating the gallery was open, but you wouldn't know it from the service and attention I didn't receive. To the artists involved, your work looked wonderful. It's a shame the gallery wasn't run a bit more professionally.

View Profile of SciFiGuy Send a personal message to SciFiGuy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-29 9:25 pm   Permalink

Sorry I won't make the closing show. Had a LOT of fun hanging with the Tiki Tribe - the Pink Elephant was Kool.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 08:36 am   Permalink

BUMP!
Closing Reception THIS Saturday!
Come on down and get your retinas fried!
Squids and I will be there
and probably some real artists as well!

Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 10:53 pm   Permalink

For anyone who wants to make it a two-event-day, this will be going on from noon to 5p, same day, in PB. We'll be closing this up and heading to Planet Rooth afterwards. I'm hoping to see some yay-hoo, up on the roof, yelling obscenities through a PA. It will be nice not to be the most annoying guy around, for once!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-07 4:58 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to checking this out, I was really bummed to miss the opening!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-08 09:33 am   Permalink

Mieko!
bring my pendant!
and a Hug!
Thanks!

Yeeeeeeeah!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-09 1:10 pm   Permalink

BUMP!
2 MORE DAYS!

Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-09 5:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-06 22:53, Billy the Crud wrote:

It will be nice not to be the most annoying guy around, for once!

ummmmmm... hate to burst your bubble billy but I won't be able to attend so unfortunately for you...

You WILL be the most annoying guy around... sorry.. but certainly embrace the title..

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-11 07:59 am   Permalink

TONIGHT!
GO!
COME ON!
i don't wanna drive all the way down with Squid
and see nobody there!
AND the truck is full folks!
I can't take Anyone else's pieces home...
suffer...

nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-11 2:13 pm   Permalink

A lot of incredible art is still available!! Come on down and bring a piece or two home. See you tonight.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation