FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Mag's Tiki Island-Planet Rooth Closing Show October 11th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
Tiki Mag's Tiki Island-Planet Rooth Closing Show October 11th
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-11 6:44 pm   Permalink

well I was planning on going tonight.... but weeg decides to bail on me and not even tell me.
typical.

hope someone takes pictures....have fun everyone....

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 12:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-09 17:16, Tiki Trav wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-06 22:53, Billy the Crud wrote:

It will be nice not to be the most annoying guy around, for once!

ummmmmm... hate to burst your bubble billy but I won't be able to attend so unfortunately for you...

You WILL be the most annoying guy around... sorry.. but certainly embrace the title..

I was too exhausted, man. I had a drink, said hi to Grog, and went home. Wasn't able to embrace anything but the idea of laying on my couch. Good to seeya, Grog!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-12 11:32 am   Permalink

A big Mahalo to all of the artists who exhibited in the show, to everyone who came by and to Planet Rooth for hosting the 2nd installment of Tiki Island.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 3:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks Nick, this was an incredible opportunity for a newer artist such as myself. I'm thrilled to have been on the team with so many coolass artists.

Mucho thanks, everyone.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-12 5:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the drink, Nick! A man of your word for sure. Nice to meet you LOL! Got a chance to check out the other galleries in the neighborhood. This is a great little gallery area and I would recommend hitting it regardless of whether there's a Tiki art show or not.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-13 09:06 am   Permalink

You like all the thrift stores nearby.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 09:16 am   Permalink

Ernie's right!
Some great thrift Store finds indeed!
Still bumming nobody bought that poodle mug!
Thanks Nick and Squid and GROG and Nick and Michelle and Sleestak and LOL and Mieko and hubby and Hassan and Nicky and Hank/Eric who we missed!
Despite the lack of TC crew around, I think the show may have inspired a few people into the fold.....
great show/Great art/Cool people!!!!
worth the drive!
Thanks to Nick especially,for organizing and stressing and really giving his all
for the tiki crew! You Rock!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 3:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha, unfortunately we got there early and didn't see too many people we recognized but it was nice talking to who ever we did know. Thanks for all the work Nick.

Interesting unrelated fact; years ago just around the corner from where the gallery is there used to be an old school Tiki bar, the Tapa hut (or room?) long gone now.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-13 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-12 17:51, squid wrote:
Thanks for the drink, Nick! A man of your word for sure. Nice to meet you LOL! Got a chance to check out the other galleries in the neighborhood. This is a great little gallery area and I would recommend hitting it regardless of whether there's a Tiki art show or not.

Nice meeting you too, and Grog and Miko as well! I looked for you guys on my way out but didn't see ya.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation