FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Weeki Wachee Weekender II! Underwater Boogaloo! 2011
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Weeki Wachee Weekender II! Underwater Boogaloo! 2011
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 7:27 pm   Permalink

OK folks, save the date!

Labor Day Weekend, 2008. August 29, 30 and 31st

Weeki Wachee Weekender!

Why Labor Day Weekend? Because on Saturday, August 30th, the Former Mermaids will have control of the lagoon. What better way to experience this bit of Roadside Americana than with the ladies that made the place so special to begin with.

Join us on Friday, August 29 for a Pot-Luck Luau and Pool side Carving and Music Jam.

Saturday, August 30 in the Park for the Mermaid Shows, Animal Shows, Riverboat Cruise, and if you have any energy left you can play in Buccaneer Bay on the far side of the Lagoon.

Saturday Night we'll gather for dinner and drinks, and for those still standing there will be a Room-Crawl (plenty of time to sleep after your dead!)

Sunday, August 31st will be an Aloha Breakfast and from there we will turn you loose on the local thrift stores and leave you your holiday Monday to recover.

The last couple of details are being worked out..... more information this weekend.

Park Details can be found here:
http://weekiwachee.com

edit - title updated to reflect the new date of the event

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2011-05-03 10:57 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 7:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-08 19:27, Chip and Andy wrote:
OK folks, save the date!

Labor Day Weekend, 2008. August 29, 30 and 31st

Weeki Wachee Weekender!

Why Labor Day Weekend? Because on Saturday, August 30th, the Former Mermaids will have control of the lagoon. What better way to experience this bit of Roadside Americana than with the ladies that made the place so special to begin with.

Join us on Friday, August 29 for a Pot-Luck Luau and Pool side Carving and Music Jam.

Saturday, August 30 in the Park for the Mermaid Shows, Animal Shows, Riverboat Cruise, and if you have any energy left you can play in Buccaneer Bay on the far side of the Lagoon.

Saturday Night we'll gather for dinner and drinks, and for those still standing there will be a Room-Crawl (plenty of time to sleep after your dead!)

Sunday, August 31st will be an Aloha Breakfast and from there we will turn you loose on the local thrift stores and leave you your holiday Monday to recover.

The last couple of details are being worked out..... more information this weekend.

Park Details can be found here: http://weekiwachee.com

aww.....i haven't been there since i was a little kid......loved the mermaids!!.....i found a souvenier mug from weeki watchee this summer..it's an old siestaware mug with the logo and mermaid on it.....brought back memories....this sounds like a great time....wish i could swing it....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-08 11:14 pm   Permalink

Damn, whay are all the mermaids in Florida ? We have no mermaids in SoCal.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 09:11 am   Permalink

Finally someone interested in the Florida Springs!! While in the area be sure to go to Homassa Springs - just up the road (State of FL animal rehab center and general tourist trap - VERY COOL). Be careful you may have a GMAN siting.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 10:08 am   Permalink

Sounds like a great event, sorry to miss it. I had a lot of good memories from there. Whenever our relatives came into town it was a guaranteed visit.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 8:27 pm   Permalink

Oooh, that looks like fun! Will have to see what the work schedule brings!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 8:40 pm   Permalink

Finally! How long have I been begging someone to go to WW with me? Mark me as there! I will have to work Firday..too early in the year to take a day off...but look for me to arrive late FR evening and be there through SUN or MON! Is everyone staying at the same hotel or what?
Chip, can't wait to see you, Andy, Stump, and Loki!! I'll try to bring ya a candle holder like Stump's

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrsBenZart
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-10 03:44 am   Permalink

Sounds like a great weekend...waiting for more info. Cool another Florida event!!

View Profile of MrsBenZart Send a personal message to MrsBenZart      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 08:01 am   Permalink

OK, step One..... The Hotel.

This is the hotel directly across the highway from the Park. It has been recently remodeled, has nice rooms, a nice pool, and you can't beat how close it is to the Mermaids!

Quality Inn Weeki Wachee Resort
6172 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL 34606
(352) 596-2007

Rooms rates are between $80 and $90 a night. If you have AAA or some other discount type card you can get your room for less.

When you make your reservations, tell them you want to be with included with the group for the Kerr reservation (thats me). That will get your room near the group.

And the dates, just so you don't have to find your calendar..... Friday Aug 29, Saturday Aug 30, Sunday Aug 31.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 2:56 pm   Permalink

Step Two - The Park.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the park can be found here:
http://weekiwachee.com/

But here is the important bits: Tickets!

Ticket Information

Parking
$3.00
Cash Only

Daily Admission
Adult: $24.95 Plus Tax
Child (Ages 3-10): $16.95 Plus Tax
Daily admission includes Weeki Wachee & Buccaneer Bay.

Summer Two-Day Ticket to Fun
Adult: $30.95 plus tax
Child (Ages 3-10): $24.95 plus tax
Two-Day ticket includes Weeki Wachee & Buccaneer Bay.
Offered seasonally.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 6:19 pm   Permalink

Cool. Cool, Where are we going to set up for carving< I'll be there with projects and extra wood!
YIPPEEEEE!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 7:47 pm   Permalink

Is there really going to be carving?? Seriously? If so, Trevor will come with me because he wants to watch someone carve so he can learn how. He has talked about going to Coontiki, but it never seems to work out. I would say I can't wait for Labor Day, but that'd mean the school year had started and I'd be back at work, so I won't rush it! lol I like sleeping late too much!!
SBT

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 5:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah, We Be Carving!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 05:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-14 19:47, SouthBamaTiki wrote:
Is there really going to be carving?? Seriously?

Yes!

Carving Jam!

Carvers... bring your wood and bring your tools!

Friday afternoon and into the evening as late as the light will allow you to work.

To pull this off we need a couple of tents/ez-up's to provide some shade for working. Got something to provide shade you can bring? Post here so we know who is bringing what and how many.

A couple of extension cords would be handy, unless everyone is willing to work exclusively with hand-tools.

Musicians: This Jam is for you too! You carve out of music as much beautiful stuff as those guys carve out of wood. Bring your instruments and do your thing.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 05:11 am   Permalink

We have one tent 10 X 10 and some power cords. Will bring those And a load of bZart wood for carvings.
Does this mean we can make reservations now?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation