FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Weeki Wachee Weekender II! Underwater Boogaloo! 2011
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Weeki Wachee Weekender II! Underwater Boogaloo! 2011
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 10:06 am   Permalink

It might be fun for those of us who aren't going all the way to San Diego for Tiki Oasis. We can't all be international jet-setting men-of-mystery like TikiMango!

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 12:48 pm   Permalink

chip, please submit the tiki event paperwork in triplicate to the tiki event review board. they will provide you with verification in four to six weeks pending evaluation of your tiki status. ;D

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 1:03 pm   Permalink

Can I borrow a stamp?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 1:08 pm   Permalink

We have two dates lined up and are working a few angles with the hotel and park. We'll do a formal announcement soon.

I am not going to offer a date of when we are going to offer a date because I tend to enjoy an adult beverage now and again so the timing of the timing is bound to be a bit off.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-30 2:46 pm   Permalink

Can we do this event this year?
Please, please, with an umbrella on top?

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
F-Troop Mom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-04 2:32 pm   Permalink

I have to 2nd Jon's vote....I've lived in Fla for 46 years and I've never been there (D has been in the parking lot though)!

View Profile of F-Troop Mom Send a personal message to F-Troop Mom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 09:18 am   Permalink

It was a blast last time! I'd be in if we did it again!

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-05 09:50 am   Permalink

If our calendar was free, we'd be up for it as well!

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 10:56 am   Permalink

OK, I know I said we would do it again last year, but then last year strangely turned into this year..... Well, better late than never. Or something like that.

Anway... we're ON for 2011!

2011 Weeki Wachee Weekender II - Underwater Boogaloo!

Labor Day Weekend, September 3, 4 & 5!

Saturday from morning-ish till late-ish - Pot Luck Dinner, Carving Jam, Uke Jam, Strawberry Jam, and other bits of tom-foolery involving the pool, some booze, and you.

Sunday with the Mermaids, the park opens at 10 am. And when you've had your fill of Mermaids, you can then enjoy the Atomic-Wedgie-Machine otherwise known as the water slide at Buccaneer Bay on the other side of the lagoon.

If you still have some energy left, we'll all meet up for dinner at this strange little dive bar just a couple of miles from the Springs. And if you still have some go after that we'll terrorize the poor Karaoke Man in the Hotel Lounge.

Monday we'll all have some breakfast, exchange blackmail demands with each other to not post 'those' pictures, and go home with huge smiles on our faces and fond memories.

More, and probably better written, details will show up with greater frequency as we get a bit closer to the date. For now just mark your calendar and stay tuned for more information about the hotel arrangements.

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 11:23 am   Permalink

wait, are you telling me you for sure have the karaoke guy lined up? i'd totally come back just for that!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metikigal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-03 11:58 am   Permalink

This sounds fun. I have lived in Florida for 15years and never been to Weeki Wachee. It's billed as the only city of live mermaids.

View Profile of metikigal Send a personal message to metikigal  Goto the website of metikigal     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-03 12:21 pm   Permalink

i run across postcards from there time to time, but this is my favorite vintage one so far...

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-07 09:20 am   Permalink

A few pics from the last time we did this....

We had a Potluck table, two actually...

Some carving and crafts

Some would say music....

Some Mermaids

And a whole lot of laughs with good friends!

I didn't get that many pictures.... you can see what I did manage to get here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chipandandy/sets/72157607052225572/

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-07 12:04 pm   Permalink

And just to give you a hint of the how much fun this place can be....

Couples performing underwater at Weeki Wachee Springs near Brooksville by State Library and Archives of Florida, on Flickr

From 1951 according to the library.

rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-07 4:23 pm   Permalink

I looked up in the bar while eating lunch today to see footage of Weeki Wachee on the History Channel of all things. Some show called "Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy." They dressed him as a mermaid and tossed him in the water.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation