FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Swanky Monkey Tiki Pub 90% complete!
Swanky Monkey Tiki Pub 90% complete!
SwankyMonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-09 12:05 am   Permalink

I've been posting my recent tiki carvings, and now they and their future siblings will have a proper home! If you'd like to see my step-by-step transformation of a small art studio into a swingin' Tiki hangout, here's the link:

http://swankymonkey.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think!

View Profile of SwankyMonkey Send a personal message to SwankyMonkey  Email SwankyMonkey Goto the website of SwankyMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 05:27 am   Permalink

Excellent work. The surfboard bar and super-cool stools (where're those from?) are too nice. I bet it really impresses visitors.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 06:49 am   Permalink

Nice ...
No sink?

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 1:13 pm   Permalink

That bar top is KILLER!!!

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwankyMonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-12 11:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Robb - the stools are attributed to Witco (although there is no documentation to that). Found them online during one of my daily "tiki" googles.

Lala - No, no sink as of yet. But there is bottled water and a sweet, well stocked fridge!

Thanks Surf - it is a great hangout! Now I have to do the awning/hatch and the foot rail. Ah, hobbies...

View Profile of SwankyMonkey Send a personal message to SwankyMonkey  Email SwankyMonkey Goto the website of SwankyMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 08:54 am   Permalink

Like that little place. Have been thinking about something like that in my yard. Mahalo for sharing.

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 11:02 am   Permalink

Great job! Really nice work by everyone involved. Like your blog also.

It has extraordinary potential. I am sure you will find many more wonderful things to keep adding to it as time goes by.

Keep us updated.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation