FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Holden/Tiki Farm in Sacto with EVENT PHOTOS page 3 & 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Holden/Tiki Farm in Sacto with EVENT PHOTOS page 3 & 4
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-27 8:36 pm   Permalink

My heart couldn't be happier, this rocked and it was cool to see support from the bay and south valley!

Not done yet, and some deeper thought and insight later, but for THOSE who came and participated along the way (and you know who you are), thanks! Good to see you and thamks for supporting us!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-28 10:54 am   Permalink

A big MAHALO to Lauren at Swanberg's for hosting the Swantiki event!

It was wonderful getting to finally meet Holden, he is such a cool guy.

Swanberg's is a great store and an ideal setting for events like this.

I encourage all TCers to support Lauren's business wholeheartedly.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of more Tiki events in Sac town!

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-28 6:06 pm   Permalink

aiight, started out at The Kapili Room. Here's a little collectible that I heavily covet.

Here's a shot of Psycho Tiki D's Bar. Sweet. Duane's Aloha shirt literally kick's ass.

Brenda's Tiki Hut partial view. You can see a Tikitony and a Slack's Ferret. Cool. Whose white ceiling is that in the lower right? I know.

Bullet's wild outfit outside of Swanberg's

Thanks to the organizers, and all the home bar owners. It was good to see you all.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-28 6:09 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, those 3 Saskatchewans put Bill under the table. heheh.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-28 9:14 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to everyone who did the crawl, hosted, and to Holden and Lauren for the excellent gathering at Swanberg's!
We are happily amazed at how much fun we have at every event - thanks to all of you in the ohana. Alia and I could not ask for better friends

Brenda perusing the vintage drink and dinner menus

Me and Mai Tai in the new Kapili Room

AlohaCurrent, Mai Tai, and Rum Runner

Jungle Trader, that's some look you're getting from Melody - what did you say to her?

Matt tries to sleep standing up....again

Keith, me, Alia, Brenda and Sean

My other photos, including the group shots, didn't come out so well. Mai Tai, please post your group photos!

To those who hosted, we loved your home bars and decor, and the drinks can't be beat. Mahalo again and looking forward to more great times soon.

The Tiki Gallery has over 1,400 photos!
www.TikiRoom.Net

[ This Message was edited by: tikihula 2008-10-06 20:41 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 07:27 am   Permalink

More pictures...

Bill, I didn't have a camera with me at Tikihula's, please post some pics from his place!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 12:36 pm   Permalink

More photos:

No furniture was harmed following this shot:

Rumaki!

Brenda behind the bar:

Rumaki - it's an appetizer AND a garnish:

And the point of it all, at Swanberg's:

And finally, the GoH with some guy in a fez:

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 2:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-29 12:36, Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
More photos:

And finally, the GoH with some guy in a fez:

What's the story with the two green mugs on the right?

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 2:35 pm   Permalink

Good times up in Sacramento! A big Mahaloz to everyone for their hospitality - it was a great event. Mike, you outdid yourself, as usual - I can't believe you were able to put the Kapili Room together on such short notice! But everyone's pads looked fab, and it was fun checking out what the Sacramento peeps had to offer, and checking out Swanberg's, and hangin' with Holden too. Oh, and hey, Rumaki, where have you been all of my life??? Are you another one of Don The Beachcomber's best creations? I think YES.

I'll try to get some pics up either tonight or tomorrow. I'll have to go to someone else's place to upload them, because this pc that I'm on is still on the fritz.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 3:15 pm   Permalink

Mai,

Sorry about the bamboo skewer to the neck! Are you o.k.? I was trying to get an action photo and it went awry!

Hope you have recovered from the injury and are on the mend!

PTD

alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 4:52 pm   Permalink

ALoHa and Thank you Ohana for making this a perfect occasion to get together and crawl!

The weather was perfect and the cocktails and pupus were outstanding at every stop, but as some wise person once said, "it's the people that make it" I believe this will be an annual tradition for the Sacto area.

To the hosts Mr. & Mrs. TikiHula, great job on the Kapili Room. PTD nice tiki wifebeater-that was simply awesome. Brenda and Sean when's the next happy hour Love your home and nice drink slingin back there Brenda I'll pass on the rumaki, thanks though. Thank you also Lauren and Holden for putting your time and energy into this. It is very much appreciated.
Vamp sorry we didn't make it up to your house Sunday. At any rate it was good to see you.

Special thanks to all those who traveled. It was good to see you guys.
Can we do this again? Do we have to wait until next year?

[ This Message was edited by: alohacurrent 2008-09-29 16:56 ]

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-29 7:48 pm   Permalink

We had to work this weekend but we managed to get to Brenda and Sean's tiki bar and had a blast seeing everyone there. We had the pleasure of taking Holden to Swanberg's to start that part of the party. The short time we had was filled with good cheer and great people. We found some wonderful tikis at Swanberg's and added them to Dan's collection. We saw some new tikis from Tiki Farm that Holden brought and put them on our wish list. I hope Moondog will get this going again next year. Hugs, Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 4:12 pm   Permalink

Sacramento is on the tiki map....Great to meet Holden finally. We love your work! Always nice seeing Dan and Wendy, and Tikicleen from the Walnut Capitol of the world, Ripon. Thanks to Lauren of Swanberg's for anchoring this great event, Marlene for getting the word out, and the Sacramento Tiki Posse (you know who you are).....Boy, Forbidden Island Sacramento sure has a nice ring to it!

The next thing I would like to see happen while waiting for next years Swantiki is a monthly tiki home bar happy hour (so no one has to rush off to another stop).

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 7:35 pm   Permalink

TikiHula and I were wondering about the Mystery Shirt at Swanberg's. What is it between the tikis on the left side and the far right side?

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-02 10:28 am   Permalink

Regurgitated green eggs and spam

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation