advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving deep cuts
deep cuts
neatotiki

Posted: 2008-07-09 3:26 pm   Permalink

Here is a new style tiki I've been working on, cycloctopus. Legs are totally hollowed out. anyone else working on similar projects?

View Profile of neatotiki Send a personal message to neatotiki  Email neatotiki Goto the website of neatotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:10 pm   Permalink

THAT is cool as hell, man. I've played with the whole tiki-clopse thing a couple of times and you can see two of them here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28870&forum=7&start=0&29

Same general idea on three of my pieces(I have one squid-clopse tiki not pictured because it's not done yet), but yours is totally original. VERY nice job.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:16 pm   Permalink

Very SpongeBob

Pineapple house
Plankton eye
Patrick nose
Squidward legs

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:37 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC Neatotiki and with a Neatoname too for sure. Your tiki is well done, Man that is some Deep detail. Show us some More Photos of Excellent stuff, I'm sure you have some hanging around

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 5:28 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that is sweet, can't be your first!? Lets see some of the previous guys! Good idea on it, I like the legs, er ah ...arms.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-09 5:37 pm   Permalink

Very nice, what is that wicked eye? Aluminum can bottom?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 8:17 pm   Permalink

That's, uhhh, neato! Is that an abalone shell stuffed in the eye hole? If so, great idea--beats cutting little pieces of abalone out for inlay work.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
neatotiki

Posted: 2008-07-23 12:28 pm   Permalink

The eye is abalone. here is another new one, the hula girl. Here is an older piece when I used a chainsaw.

View Profile of neatotiki Send a personal message to neatotiki  Email neatotiki Goto the website of neatotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 2:52 pm   Permalink

NICE WORK ! Me like.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation