FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Canadian Tiki Part Deux
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Canadian Tiki Part Deux
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 1:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the post Kahuna Tiki, I did not see that Beauceware Bowl on Ebay.
Did anybody happen to have save a picture of that auction??

It would be cool to see if it is possibly the one pictured above.

This is the Beauceware mug that I mentioned before:

TabooDan

[ This Message was edited by: TabooDan 2010-02-19 17:39 ]

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIQUÉBEC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-19 2:13 pm   Permalink

Hello!

Thanks Dustycajun and TabooDan for your responses.

Dustycajun, I have over 600 swizzle sticks form Québec and I just have the two ones Iv'e presented before from Tahiti bars.

I am looking for other tiki items related to the Tahiti bars.

Céramique de Beauce produced around 10 different tiki objects.

Included in that message, I have the photos fm the bowl on the Marie-Antoinette postcard who was on Ebay and a Beauce Mug from my collection.

BYE

TIKIQUÉBEC

[ This Message was edited by: 2010-02-19 17:48 ]

View Profile of TIKIQUÉBEC Send a personal message to TIKIQUÉBEC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 5:26 pm   Permalink

TIKIQUÉBEC

Thanks for the pics of the bowl, now I see how they got the flame coming out of the Volcanoe in the middle for the postcard photo. That is a beauty.

You need to figure out how to include your photos direclty into your posts instead of attaching them as a link. I think Sabu fixed the last ones you posted for the swizzles.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 6:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the photos TIKIQUEBEC! That bowl is awesome and is not seen too often at all! Beauceware actually made some decent quality ceramics with nice style. Their mugs always have nice lines, good detail and are thick, good quality ceramics.

Do you happen to have a picture of the base of this bowl? It would be interesting to see if they were marked like the other Beauceware items.

Makes you wonder about this restaurant using these items. Did the Marie-Antoinette chain have a direct deal with Beauceware to make these for them specifically? Did Beauceware just have these as a regular selection for places/people to choose from and they were then made? Hhhmmmmmm.......

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 4:41 pm   Permalink

Hey, Dan, is that the Beauceware Moai that I sent you? That was an amazingly lucky find: a set of four at Goodwill for $20!
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=413466
I kept one for myself and traded the other 3. Would love to find one of those bowls, but I'll never be able to bid that kind of money on ebay!

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 5:00 pm   Permalink

Yeh, that's the one Brandomoai. I think it is the first one on the left in your picture of four. A great find to get all four!
These are great mugs and the glazes really make them unique!

Later, TabooDan

TIKIQUÉBEC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-22 3:05 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TabooDan!

Sorry, I am late!

Céramique de Beauce produced this bowl exclusively for Marie-Antoinette. Céramique de Beauce worked like that.

NOTE: I AM COLLECTING TIKI ITEMS RELATED TO QUÉBEC. IF YOU HAVE SOME, SEND ME A MESSAGE.

Bye,

TIKIQUÉBEC

View Profile of TIKIQUÉBEC Send a personal message to TIKIQUÉBEC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Carl Ulrich
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-04 7:40 pm   Permalink

For what it's worth, here's a different version of the Moai mug from Céramique de Beauce. Never knew they existed until I stumbled upon 'em one day...

(edited for spelling)

[ This Message was edited by: Carl Ulrich 2010-03-04 21:02 ]

View Profile of Carl Ulrich Send a personal message to Carl Ulrich  Email Carl Ulrich     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Carl Ulrich
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-04 7:52 pm   Permalink

While I'm at it, here are 2 typical sort of mugs from the awesome Coconut bar/Motel in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec.

What does makes them unusual is the fact that they've been customized on the bottom.

Pics are a little blurry, but the black one, embossed, says: "COCONUT BAR T-R-Q".
The Blue one, stamped, says: "Coconut Bar 3-RIV,O,QUE"
There you have it!

View Profile of Carl Ulrich Send a personal message to Carl Ulrich  Email Carl Ulrich     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PeleeTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-21 12:12 am   Permalink

Flea Market

View Profile of PeleeTiki Send a personal message to PeleeTiki  Email PeleeTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 12:42 am   Permalink

A souvenir photo folder from the Hawaiian Room - a pre-tiki South Seas bar, upstairs at the Tic Toc Cafe in Montreal.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 02:07 am   Permalink

Wow, what a great shot! The styling of those dames! A good find inside an unassuming exterior.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-01 10:06 am   Permalink

I found some images of matchbooks from a few other Canadian Tiki places while perusing the internet.

The Hale Kai at the Brant Inn in Burlington, Ontario.

Jali Tiki in Joliette, Quebec.

Bar Oona Onna at the Golden Palace restaurant in Repentigny, Quebec.

And the Mai Tai Restaurant and Polynesian Lounge in Longueuil, Quebec.

(I like the use of the palm tree in the name)

Anybody heard of these ones before?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-23 11:00 pm   Permalink

GASP!!!

The Marie Antoinette Tahiti Restaurant and Bar

That featured the amazing Tiki mugs and bowls...

Became the Le Disco-Bar Tahiti! Oh the humanity.

DC

[ This Message was edited by: Dustycajun 2011-01-11 22:44 ]

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-04 09:41 am   Permalink

I picked up this postcard a while back from the Waikiki Restaurant that was located in Comox on Vancouver Island.

Nice neon.

Could not find out much else. Maybe some of the TCers up that way can do a little digging.

DC

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation