FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts See Thor PAINTING with flaming rum on YouTube!!! behind the scenes..
See Thor PAINTING with flaming rum on YouTube!!! behind the scenes..
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-11 06:27 am   Permalink

Aloha!!

Just for fun, my teenage daughter did a sort of home spun video peek of me doing sketches in burning rum. Check it out for giggles! Cut and paste url:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgxw3SqXZxE

Have a great week!! ~~

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-11 06:56 am   Permalink

Dark rum and light rum stopper. Brilliant. Cat counter weight works too

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-11 07:47 am   Permalink

Great fun! Cool video, and yes, makes you want to take up a paintbrush and flame up some rum to paint with. Thanks for sharing with us, Thor!

Aloha,
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-11 07:58 am   Permalink

OMG...that was a hoot. Love the cat counterweight and your kitten assistant. Your daughter did a great job of recording!!! Talent runs in your family.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-11 4:34 pm   Permalink

Fantastic! Love seeing the process, including the cat dancing! Awesome - I'm smiling from ear to ear! Thanks for posting that Thor! Thanks to your daughter for great camera work! Thanks to the cats... for putting up with you! lol

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-11 9:29 pm   Permalink

That was awesome. I have furry assistants as well so I got a laugh out of the kitten swatting the paintbrush. They are SO much help.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 01:41 am   Permalink

Thanks for the response! Yaaaaa the cats do keep the bilge rats down..that's fer sure! Glad this silly vid was some entertainment to you all... By the way..I am casting a bunch of the skull stoppers plus a few other styles for the fun of it for Oasis. Stop by the Thor Stor suite near the pool and say hi!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 01:49 am   Permalink

Yeah! I'll totally buy a couple of those stoppers from you at Oasis! That video was very entertaining! Thanks for the peek into the world of Thor!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 04:54 am   Permalink

Very cool... a fully produced multimedia show!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 4:04 pm   Permalink

Love the actual painting,
and that skull giggle is so cool.
have to try that myself.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-12 4:49 pm   Permalink

The painting is great (as is all your work that I've seen), the video turned out great, but I really dug that Convict Rum Song, I've got to go download it!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 7:17 pm   Permalink

verry rad thooorr!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-13 08:08 am   Permalink

Very cool, thanks for sharing! Nice job on the editing. When can we expect the Thor Webcast to start regularly broadcasting some of more of that magic?

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 09:07 am   Permalink

Right on Tom!
Thanks for sharing your process and home and kitties with us!
Kudos to your daughter too!-she's got a lot to be proud of!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 07:26 am   Permalink

Wow! Just saw this video, really cool!

Thanks fer sharin yer process, it was fun and informative!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation