Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tampa Home Tiki Bar
Tampa Home Tiki Bar
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 5:56 pm   Permalink

Still a work in progress. I am still looking for some decent bar stools. Behind the tapa cloth I have a small flat screen TV (I know - blasphemy) But at least I can hide it. I carved the Tikis myself, except for the Thor "Shell Shocked" Tiki I picked up in Waikiki. Suggestions are welcome.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-13 7:17 pm   Permalink

dude......they are solar torches.......they ain't gonna light up without the sun!!!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 04:46 am   Permalink

Is this in your Sun Room? Or outside?

And the TV is only a bad thing when it is playing something loud and distracting. If you can hook it up to a dvd player you can put all kinds of interesting things on display.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 1:21 pm   Permalink

Hey TT I for one like it. When are we gonna break it in???

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 5:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-13 19:17, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
dude......they are solar torches.......they ain't gonna light up without the sun!!!!

Yes, they are solar but you can also put in 2AA's and they stay lit for almost a week. I just did not put any in for the picture. Good catch though!!

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-14 04:46, Chip and Andy wrote:
Is this in your Sun Room? Or outside?

And the TV is only a bad thing when it is playing something loud and distracting. If you can hook it up to a dvd player you can put all kinds of interesting things on display.

It is in my screened sun room. Last April I was in Waikiki and I took a video of the waves with Diamondhead in the background. I would play it as a loop.

bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 6:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

It is in my screened sun room. Last April I was in Waikiki and I took a video of the waves with Diamondhead in the background. I would play it as a loop.

oh smart!! memories and ambiance.

where did you get those LP frames?

Custom Furniture and Cabinets

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation