Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki auction finds
auction finds
floridatiki

Posted: 2008-07-14 07:23 am   Permalink

hi everybody ! this is my first post. found these two at a mid-century
auction yesterday and had to share ! i already had their sister!
more to be posted later.
enjoy,
adrian

View Profile of floridatiki Send a personal message to floridatiki  Goto the website of floridatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2008-07-14 10:01 am   Permalink

those are beautiful ~ is there a manufacturer's mark on them? or some history?

how was your auction experience? i've only attended previews, but have never stayed to bid on anything! were your figurines sold in a lot or as individual pieces?

sorry about all the questions, but its a shopping adventure i've never tried .. and wondered how you liked this method of buying.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floridatiki

Posted: 2008-07-14 1:41 pm   Permalink

hi dogbytes
all the figures are made by delee art of california. i have had the standing figure for years and found the seated pair at the recent auction, and they are in perfect shape. you have to examine everything closely at all auctions. as i understand it, these figures are rare and sell for lots
on ebay. i had about ten people bidding against me so i paid a premium price. but this was a well advertised mid-century auction that posted pics of the two figurines on the auction web site. usually you can get great deals at local auctions, so go for it. the downside is i had to wait 3 1/2 hours for them to be put up, but worth the wait!
yours
adrian

View Profile of floridatiki Send a personal message to floridatiki  Goto the website of floridatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 5:45 pm   Permalink

Definitely worth the wait! Nice pick up.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 5:55 pm   Permalink

Nice score, floridatiki. I was at the library today flipping through a Hawaiiana price guide and they had the seated pair listed at $600-$900.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 7:48 pm   Permalink

These are called stump sitters just FYI

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation