Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Duke Kahanamoku Presents "A Beachboy Party"
Duke Kahanamoku Presents "A Beachboy Party"
TikiPirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-14 12:24 pm   Permalink

Since this is the music page, nothing can top the best cd of all time, well to me... Duke Kahanamoku Presents "A Beachboy Party".

This is what a real party is all about. Hard to believe this was recorded 45 years ago! Listening to this vintage album is really a joy to hear, plus the fact that everyone involved seems to be having a great time. Plus, the fact that Duke is involved is even better.

The cast with Duke: Duke Kahanamoku, Chick Daniels, Panama, Kalakaua, Fat, Jimmy Hakuole, Squeeze Kamana, Splash Lyons...and MCed by Waltah Clarke.

"No matter where you go, there you are"

-Buckaroo Banzai

View Profile of TikiPirate Send a personal message to TikiPirate  Email TikiPirate Goto the website of TikiPirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 1:11 pm   Permalink

i got this on VINYL at a used record store for 25 it was in the 4 for a BUCK bin..it is TRULY a great LP

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 6:53 pm   Permalink

This is indeed a fun LP.
Another cool one, that is way hard to find is - Duke Kahanamoku's Favorites, a collection of great music, 15 tunes, some of which is nye on impossible to find elsewhere.

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-15 10:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-14 18:53, msteeln wrote:
This is indeed a fun LP.
Another cool one, that is way hard to find is - Duke Kahanamoku's Favorites, a collection of great music, 15 tunes, some of which is nye on impossible to find elsewhere.

I got my cd on DonTiki.com

Besides their own albums, they were selling the 'Beachboy' cd. 16 tracks in all. After originally hearling it, I became a big fan of Chick Daniels.

"No matter where you go, there you are"

-Buckaroo Banzai

View Profile of TikiPirate Send a personal message to TikiPirate  Email TikiPirate Goto the website of TikiPirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 11:05 am   Permalink

I plan to wear my Waltah Clarke shirt dj-ing at Wassermusik 08.

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 8:00 pm   Permalink

Pirate, you won't find DK's Faves there, or anywhere for sale unless you are extremely lucky. But if anyone likes the BeachBoy LP, then try to get the DKF LP, it's some great Hawaiian music, when it was fo' real!

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation