Grand Member (8 years)
Joined: Apr 29, 2004
From: Sarasota, Fla.
|Posted: 2008-08-01 07:36 am  Permalink|
Eat more Shark!
Shark N Shake!
* 1 pound Shark fillets or tilapia fillets
* 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
* 3/4 teaspoon minced seeded Scotch bonnet chile or habanero chile
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* All purpose flour
* 6 pita bread rounds, warmed
* Chopped lettuce leaves
* Tomato slices
* Assorted condiments, such as mango chutney, honey mustard, garlic mayonnaise, thinly sliced onion, thinly sliced cucumbers, and hot pepper sauce
1. Arrange shark fillet in single layer in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Mix lime juice, green onion, garlic, thyme, and chile in small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spoon over fish; let stand at room temperature at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish on both sides with salt and pepper, then flour. Working in batches, add fish to skillet and cook until golden and opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer fish to paper towels to drain.
3. Cut off thin slice from each warm pita bread round, forming opening. Open pita pockets and stuff with fish, lettuce, and tomato. Serve with desired condiments.
Shark Bite Cocktail recipe
Scale ingredients to servings
3/4 oz Captain Morgan® Original spiced rum
3/4 oz light rum
1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
3 drops grenadine syrup
Fill a shaker with ice. Add the spiced rum, light rum, sour, and blue curacco. Shake the ingredients well. Strain into a rocks glass. Garnish with three drops of grenadine.