FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 8MM movie film of the Hawaiian Inn - 1960's...
8MM movie film of the Hawaiian Inn - 1960's...
trifecta_ev
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-14 7:03 pm   Permalink

I was going throuigh more of my attic finds that included an old 8MM movie projector and a box of film reels. They were marked for different things and included early footage of several early 60's Daytona Beach things like the Firecracker Nascar race and the Miss Dixie pageant but some show early, and in some cases, long gone hotels. They are some outdoor shots of the Hawaiian Inn and interior shots of the room and bar areas. Even a limbo contest. Very cool, not for sale or anyhting, just thought I would share, very neat to see the old hotels, cars ect...

View Profile of trifecta_ev Send a personal message to trifecta_ev      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 09:31 am   Permalink

Would you consider getting it transferred to digital video and posting it up to a website like Vimeo?

And did you happen to find one of these in the attic? I know a number of us who would love to see it!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 11:28 am   Permalink

WHOA - now that is cool!!!!! I slice of history!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trifecta_ev
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-15 2:03 pm   Permalink

Sure, when I get a chance I plan on having several of these old movies put on dvd and will post video somewhere for all to see...

View Profile of trifecta_ev Send a personal message to trifecta_ev      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation