FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Not Homes Invade the Bay 7/14 - 7/19
Not Homes Invade the Bay 7/14 - 7/19
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 7:35 pm   Permalink

The Mrs. (Kim), Gigi Valiant and myself will be heading to FI on Wed (7/16) around 8:30. Hope to see some familiar faces.

Gigis says be there or be square

[ This Message was edited by: Daves Not Home 2008-07-15 00:34 ]

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-14 8:51 pm   Permalink

Imagine that, Not homes not home?

View Profile of TikiRick Send a personal message to TikiRick  Email TikiRick Goto the website of TikiRick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 9:33 pm   Permalink

That's awesome. I'll let Mai Tai know. We weren't planning on going Weds...but now it sounds like a good idea. What time are you guys planning on getting there?

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 9:42 pm   Permalink

Well, I've still got 30-something rums to drink in the next 3 weeks, so I'll be there! Tell us what time!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 9:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2008-07-14 21:48 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 5:28 pm   Permalink

Bumpity! That's tonight, folks. I'm brushing up on my KajaGooGoo lyrics as we speak.

You're... Too... Shy Shy. Hush-Hush, Eye-to-Eye.
Too... Shy Shy! Hush-Huuuusssh. Eye-to-Eye!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 09:35 am   Permalink

A huge THANKS to the NorCal Crew for being such awesome hosts and hostess cupcakes during our visit!! We were given some great off the beaten path sites to see, places to eat and spot on directions.

One of the high-lites of our trip was our first visit to FI. As many people know, the Not Homes will be late for their own funerals; we intended on being there Wed night at 8:30PM but our wheels didn't screech into the parking lot until 9:40'ish. With it being a school night, we thought for sure we'd miss everyone. But to our delight we were greeted with warm smiles and cold rummy drinks. Not to mention some not to shabby nibbles. There's plenty of "reviews" about the bar so we won't share some long winded thoughts but we will say "that place rules!"

Another high-lite was seeing the Birth of the Cool exhibit. It wasn't as large as we expected but it was cool none the less. If you get a chance to check it out, we highly recommend seeing it. And if you have friends that just "don't get" mid-century, take them along. We're sure it'll be an eye-opener for them.

Thanks to all again and see you in a few weeks at Oasis!!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 10:48 am   Permalink

It was great to see you kids! Here are a couple piccies I snapped during your visit.

Y'all come back now, y'hear!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 1:45 pm   Permalink

How many mugs did y'all break?

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation