I "/>
FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Bosko patio project- 07-07-10 update

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Bosko patio project- 07-07-10 update
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 10:48 pm   Permalink

Hey Stu, thanks for the refresher on wood cuts I had to learn all that back when I was in school (for architecture). Hard to get the "good" cuts of wood these days, it doesn't just grow on trees like it used to.... oh wait, never mind Another thing I noticed (too late) is that of the two boards I'm playing with one has significantly harder "standing" grain than the other. Of course the board I cut the sconce from is the less desirable (softer) of the two, Murphy's law in action!

The brightness of the eyes is completely inaccurate, I have a really craptacular camera that takes barely adequate photos in broad daylight and really bad photos in low lighting. They are 4 watt night light bulbs so they just put off a soft glow. I will be replacing my camera any day now because it is also having some electronic issues.

I'm not happy with the finish on the wood on this one, but I wanted to go ahead and put it together to make sure the wiring/ lighting worked as planned. There will be a sconce #2 after I get the wood technique dialed in.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTres 2008-07-20 22:50 ]

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation