FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LA Home Tiki Bar Tour Aug 9th PICS PAGE 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
LA Home Tiki Bar Tour Aug 9th PICS PAGE 3
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 3:31 pm   Permalink

I am super excited about the tour!! I can't wait to see all the other home bars and meet all the LA tiki officiants!
We (actually just Mark) have been working really hard on building our tiki bar. We bought our 1957 Palmer and Krisel house just four months ago, but fortunately it had a very cool free standing bar right in the middle of everything!

Mark is pulling out all of his old Trader Vic's recipes to plan potent drinks for each stop. He is very picky about his Mai Tais and squeezes all the juices by hand and makes his own simple syrups.

I have planned some fabulous pupus for each bar, too. My famous coconut cupcakes and Little Brownie Brownies will served as well.

I look forward to meeting everyone on the the big day!

Very Best,
Gem

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-26 12:47 pm   Permalink

Two weeks and counting!

Have you got your Crawl clothes all laid out?

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-28 2:35 pm   Permalink

We have official LA Home Bar Tour flyer artwork thanks to Eric October!

Kudos to Eric.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-30 11:38 am   Permalink

The Home Tiki Bar Crawl is getting closer!
I hope you all have been practicing your "crawl".
There's still time to make a reservation.
Don't wait till the last minute to slip in under the wire.

WaikikiWomb

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 7:22 pm   Permalink

Wow, Murph!

I didn't realize it was going to be that kind of crawl! My tiki shirt is going to get runied!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-05 10:20 am   Permalink

We've got a guy at the end of the tour with a hose to clean you off

WaikikiWomb

thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-08 1:17 pm   Permalink

i'm really looking forward to this. i'm hoping that in a smaller group setting, i'll get to know some fellow TC'ers ('cause i'm kinda shy).

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Kona

Posted: 2008-08-08 1:56 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I'm wondering how many are going as well. I'm tiki-shy, too. Hopefully after a few rounds I can loosen up!

View Profile of Joe Kona Send a personal message to Joe Kona  Email Joe Kona Goto the website of Joe Kona     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 4:27 pm   Permalink

Well just come up and say hello and we'll go from there...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 6:01 pm   Permalink

We're actually a pretty fun and mellow bunch, although I have heard it said that we tend to be a bit "hoity toity".

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-08 8:24 pm   Permalink

If we didn't have previous plans we would have done this tour. We have been to the first home bar pictured and it (and I'm sure the others too) should not be missed. I won't spoil anything here, but wait til you see it in it's proper lighting.....very moody. Best home bar I have ever seen. If you have not signed up for the tour ... do it now.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderJohn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-08 10:13 pm   Permalink

Is there still room for 2 ?

View Profile of TraderJohn Send a personal message to TraderJohn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 06:57 am   Permalink

It is almost here (and our bar is almost done!!). We finally got to meet Murph in person, at a little pre-crawl juicing and tasting last night, and he is the very nicest guy! We are really looking forward to meeting everyone else tonight! It sounds like a super fun group of people will be attending. The bars sound amazing!!

Well, I had better get baking. Only nine hours to go!
Gem

P.S. Trader John, Please contact Murph to see if there are still tickets. I think that we have been sold out for a while but there could be a last minute cancellation.

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Kona

Posted: 2008-08-09 10:01 am   Permalink

I stayed in last night preparing for this!

View Profile of Joe Kona Send a personal message to Joe Kona  Email Joe Kona Goto the website of Joe Kona     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 10:18 am   Permalink

Cool pix, Joe Kona!

I am so EXITED about this tour!! I can't wait... all day yesterday I was thinking about it, and I realized I was looking forward to it as much as I anticipated Christmas Day when I was a kid... but this will be better, because there will be tropical drinks and tikis, plus the chance to meet some fellow TCers in person!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation