FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts 3/1 Ocea Otica's makins another one off zombie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
3/1 Ocea Otica's makins another one off zombie
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 7:02 pm   Permalink

They're coming to get you ,Barbara!
From left, Lava Zombie #1, Burial Ground Zombie, Shotgun Zombie
all customized greenware one offs, hope you dig!

[ This Message was edited by: oceaotica 2009-03-01 19:55 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 11:31 am   Permalink

smattering of some of the stuff for the show

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 11:39 am   Permalink

The induvidual pieces are so nicely done But I really like seeing then together as a collection. NEATO!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 11:42 am   Permalink

Swag Lamp Bowl, this thing is huge, took about 7 hours to build the greenware. Will probably take about 4 hours to glaze. Thats if it makes it out of the kiln. Loading this into the kiln was a sweat on the brow moment.

burial ground zombie in greenware, took me half a day to sculpt into the greenware. Seen here with some of the underglazing.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 10:06 pm   Permalink

Cass,

These mugs are really just exceptional! The decoration on those mugs really makes them very special. You've got this cone 06 glazing down...GREAT JOB!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 01:56 am   Permalink

OceaOtica congrats on all these new art pieces, I'm really excited to see them "live" some very original works here, not like anything else.. Babalu, your new ceramics & carves are crazy great as well, you two are just off the chain completely, Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 10:50 am   Permalink

Thanks for checking the stuff out. My photos dont do justice to some of them, and some of them i think look better in photographs. You will have to judge for yourself at the show.
Might bring one of my Vintage Beauty Monster series vases down as well, mainly because the little Zombie theme i have going (thank you Don the Beachcomber).
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27976&forum=6&6

Thought I would share some pics from meeting up with Boris a month or two ago at Tiki Ti

How to fill your Tumbuna

How to drink outa your Tumbuna

[ This Message was edited by: OceaOtica 2008-07-22 10:54 ]

Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 8:20 pm   Permalink

Cass those new pieces rock!

I hope to be able to talk to you about doing some of those new zombies for me to add to my first one.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 8:52 pm   Permalink

That was a fun night.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 7:29 pm   Permalink

Cass look forward to the show .Your mugs and bowls look absolutely incredible.
Cheers,
Trader Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 11:20 am   Permalink

a pic of most of the mugs and resin pendants that i sold or traded at the Tonga Hut. Will post pics of what I still have to sell left over from the show.
Here is a pic of one version of the PNG Sepik female ancestor cult hook pendant that I am actually happy did not sell, because i wanted to keep it.

LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 1:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-04 11:20, OceaOtica wrote:

I really like this piece - well done!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 1:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks LOL,
These take a long time to paint! I knew if it sold I would never make one for myself, so I am happy to hold on to it. I will, however, paint a few more of these in this style soon. I just need to cast more up, and set aside a block of hours to do it. Thanks for looking.

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 1:40 pm   Permalink

Wow!! Really great stuff going on here! Dig the Zombo mugs!

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-04 2:22 pm   Permalink

Sir,

YOU are mad. Quite simply mad I say? Technicolor yawn...not at all, BooogedY-Boo!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation