FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts 3/1 Ocea Otica's makins another one off zombie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
3/1 Ocea Otica's makins another one off zombie
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-13 3:56 pm   Permalink

Paipo,
thanks for posting pics of that show, wish i could have seen it in person. Yes, the sheer amount of imagery to be influenced by gives you that kid in a candy store feeling.
Hiphip, yes, sometimes Cass Cass has gas gas coming out of his ass ass, usually after a consuming copious amounts of sausage and beer. When the air clears, the satisfaction is undeniable!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 09:06 am   Permalink

if you go to my blog you can see a first test fire pic from Miles of the first collaboration between Munktiki and Ocea Otica. Hope you dig!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-24 5:22 pm   Permalink

So, in theory, I will finally get my hands on one of those! Congrats on the collaboration.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 5:44 pm   Permalink

cool mug and I was one of those who were asking about those mugs over the years. Nice glaze and a great Munktiki mug but it doesn't compare to one of the best glaze job ever that was one your original. Has a dryer look as compared to the moist zombie skin. Peace out

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-27 05:10 am   Permalink

Wow Cass, I can't believe how much I have been missing over here since I selfishly spend most of my TC time in the "Tiki Carving" branch.

Your stuff is just So expressive and detailed and really stands apart from most other clay works. I'm no expert by a Long shot but I Love what I see here and I hope for My sake I can spend more time over here to uncover these treats I've been missing for so long. Your PNG inspired stuff is so Perfect! I have really been uneasy trying to carve the PNG because as simple as it looks, when you get into it there are very difficult features to reproduce. It does not seem to have worried you though as you are right on the money. Love it!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 3:54 pm   Permalink

Benze, Teakey, Kaimuki, thanks for the compliments, and to everyone for the checking out my stuff on the Tis the Season to be Tiki thread! Here are those pieces transferred over. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. I am going awol for a while to concentrate on stuff I am way behind on, hope to come out of my cave in the new year with some finished work. Though my cave scrawlings are are laughable in the light of Babalu and other artists on this board. Take it easy.

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 10:20 am   Permalink

oh and there's more!! thank thanks thanks! i leaved you a big thank at mad dog thread because i saw the bowl first there, amazing work!! Congrats!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 11:24 am   Permalink

Awesome talent!
but that God-Awful Hat...

Big Toe and i heard they were only letting
"real" artists into the TOI food joint last Friday...
sorry about that!
The Chili Cashew Chicken was the BOMB!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 7:09 pm   Permalink

Hey, it's been a while since i posted anything new.
Here is the TDN Zombie night mug given to the winning cocktail from that evening.

This is the last of the custom one off zombies i am going to do using this hobbyist mold as a base head. I appreciate the folks who have continued to ask when i will be making more of these, but i am ready to move on, and the truth is there was so much time in cutting, trimming, and sanding of this greenware head just to get it to the point that i had a blank canvas to cut, sand, and sculpt into it, that it starting ruining the fun of making them. These have been a blast to make, allowed me a lot of freedom, and gave me a way to work out some ideas for the two zombie cocktail related designs i have been working on, before committing to sculpting and molding the new ones.

I never got back to discussing the two bowls above, the Pele Wakes and Modern Maori prototype. Both were made using pieces from older hobbyist molds combined with customizing that greenware and handbuilt elements. Those who have read my blog or seen my Vintage Beauty Monster series recognize the lady from the vintage mold i love, and the shell i believe comes from the same mold # that Trader Vics at one time used. The hand built elements are the Hei Tiki, the fur coat, and the feather. This bowl was a very delicate stressful thing to make, and involved an attachment technique i had not done before. Really did not know till it came out of the kiln whether or not it would be a disaster. This was a good way for me to see a prototype, something i hope to revisit later when i get to sculpting a Maori woman. The Pele Wakes bowl has two separate pieces from from hobbyist mold completely reworked to the point that you would not recognize the original greenware. She also has handbuilt elements.
I like the found art collage approach to bastardizing greenware from hobbyist molds, and will get to continue with this approach in a collaboration with other mug artists soon, getting an opportunity to put a different spin on some of their designs.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 3:42 pm   Permalink

Good to see cool stuffs coming out of Cass's studio....keep it comin'.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation