FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Spectacular BOSKO Show --opening this weekend, Sat 2nd --Go!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Spectacular BOSKO Show --opening this weekend, Sat 2nd --Go!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 11:24 am   Permalink

I am pleased to announce that a new generation of fantastic Witco-esque art by Bosko is being released to the public, in an exhibition opening this coming Saturday the 26th at M-Modern Gallery in Palm Springs, 2500 N. Palm Canyon Dr. , 7-10pm

Among Bosko's many pioneering deeds in the Tiki revival is the fact that he was the first to begin carving in the Witco tradition --yet always with a contemporary, tongue in cheek twist that defined the art as his own. This exhibit is proof that his work has evolved to a mastery of the genre that sometimes (he will cringe at me daring to say this) seems to eclipse the original source.

All I can say is that I look at this stuff and it makes me happy, and gives me a content smile...aaaaah!

View more of this fine artwork which will be available at M-modern at:

http://www.tikibosko.com/bafram.htm

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-08-02 12:43 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-21 11:31 am   Permalink

I agree, Bosko's work surpasses the original. I am honored to have one of his pieces hanging in my house. Just wish I could make this show!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-21 12:37 pm   Permalink

This stuff looks great.
I Love the juxtaposition of Mid Century Modern/abstract/ cubist and Primitive/TIKI art....aka TIKI MODERN.
It's a good as Chocolate and peanut Butter.

Bosko is the MAN !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-21 11:24, bigbrotiki wrote:

All I can say is that I look at this stuff and it makes me happy, and gives me a content smile...aaaaah!

That looks like Bosko's barn to me.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 1:06 pm   Permalink

Those pieces are beautiful! Man i wish i could go to this show. The last piece does resemble Bosko's shop, sans the cool broken and test Bosko mugs that are hidden around the grounds.
Good luck with this show, I am sure it will be a sell out night.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 11:17 am   Permalink

Man, this summer is cooking with Tiki events, one day later, and this was all the way down at the bottom. I am bumping it because it deserves it!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 11:30 am   Permalink

I have always admired Bosko's work .Look forward to meeting and talking
to him at a upcoming tiki event

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 5:58 pm   Permalink

There's nothing on the M-Modern website about the show. Is it an all Bosko show? Is it in the main section of the gallery?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-22 6:28 pm   Permalink

At Tiki Oasis 7 Bosko had this gray moai head tiki bowl for sale it's fantastic. We can only hope he has another treasure for us at Oasis 8. Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 9:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting this Sven it is almost hard to re-read but again thanks so much for your always insightful comments and keeping up on this. I know I have really been lagging in the correspondence department, but after getting the work done for this show I did a painting for the Vegas event and it’s been one project after the other this last month.

TIKI KAIMUKI Thank you, hope you enjoy your piece.

tikiyaki As always thanks,

freddiefreelance, It’s an “Alexander” barn they were very popular in mid century Palm Springs architecture.

OceaOtica Thanks you guys are always welcome here.

Tiki-Kate Yes you are correct as of an hour ago there is some issue with M-Moderns website. I get a room, KRK Ryden gets the other and I think (don’t quote me) Stone gets the third.

Wendy and Dan, Yes we have two new designs brewing for Oasis as I write, please come by my big talk there!

I have no idea what to expect, if anyone here can make it on Saturday night please stop by and say hello I would really appreciate it and besides what’s more fun than Palm Springs in the middle of summer?

My very best Alohas

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-22 10:01 pm   Permalink

Wowzers! The work look amazing! I really really dig your mOdern artwork! If you're creating a midcentury modern interior, these are a must! Wish I could make it out there for the show, nothing like seeing the grain of that wood in person.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 07:33 am   Permalink

Fabulous! Thanks for the info, Bosko. I'll be there.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 09:22 am   Permalink

I am in like Flint!!!!!!!!! Bosko in Palm Springs is a must!!!!!! Nothing says Midcentury modern like Bosko's Witco Art.

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 1:47 pm   Permalink

very nice artwork, as always. Fantastic

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 6:29 pm   Permalink

Ahoy all… as the old saying goes I have some good news and some bad news.
First, those of you that couldn’t attend because of prior commitments, you have another chance… The Show has been postponed/moved to next week August 2nd, now there’s no excuse for anyone who couldn’t come. For those of you that had planned to attend this weekend I am sincerely sorry this was not my decision, we were just informed, if there is any way you can come the next week I will be doubly grateful.

Sorry for any confusion we hope to see you in a week and a half.

Thanks

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation