FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
OFFICIAL Disney 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Fountain Callback Thread
Sync

Posted: 2008-08-21 2:07 pm   Permalink

UPS just dropped off 2 boxes that match the photos on another site (with Disney UPC #)-- UPS rang the bell but didn't wait 30 seconds for me to answer and sign. Boxes say ## of 260. Lookin' good, no damage to boxes, haven't opened them yet. Don't look for them on eBay though, as I'm keepin' mine...

View Profile of Sync Send a personal message to Sync  Goto the website of Sync     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 2:24 pm   Permalink

I just got my fountain today unscathed, but have a question which I also posted under General Tiki-Tiki Bathrooms. No instructions came with it. Where does the small brown circular disc with 5 holes in it go? I assume on top of the fountain spigots, but wasn't sure. Also, how does the motor pump mount on the inside? And lastly, how much and where do you put the water in? Thanks for any help! It's not highly intricate to assemble, but I can't believe it didn't come with instructions!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sync

Posted: 2008-08-21 3:08 pm   Permalink

Follow up-- just checked them out in detail. Look pretty good, both signed by Kevin & Jody.

One slightly odd thing though, is the topknot pieces. Both have some paper wrapping around their base, and when uncovering it on one it revealed a yellow glue which appeared that it might be a break that was then glued and was a little disturbing. On the other one, it was also paper wrapped but there was no glue-- the topknot however is not a continuous piece molded onto the roof of the fountain, but has a wire running between with a little bit of play in it (probably a good idea, as it would appear to be a fragile piece). No glue on the second one. Not a terribly serious problem I guess, but makes me wonder about it. The one with the glue is a low-2 digit number and the other is a mid-3 digit number in the ##-of 260 count, so perhaps the earlier one they used glue & later decided wire was better? Or earlier they used both glue & wire and later decided glue was unnecessary? Or I suppose the wire may have been broken on the one during manufacture and glue was used to fix? Some glue was slopped on the roof too, so it wasn't as carefully done as the rest of the fountain, though I think I can remove it with care.

I did notice that you need to be *very* careful putting the piece back into the styrofoam, as if you try to cover the topknot with the plastic bag, putting it into the styrofoam will stretch the plastic out and likely push on the topknot. The main piece with the roof & topknot fits REALLY tight into the styrofoam so it's necessary to manage it with care. The packaging is not all that great for repacking if you only use the fountain on special occasions, but it sure will need protection if you're going to stick it in your closet between luaus. I suspect the paper wrap was there to sturdy up the topknot for shipping, knowing that it is wired and could handle some bending but not too much. Would be interested in hearing other reports on the state of your "topknot" for comparison.

Generally though, this thing is way cool. Bigger than I realized, now finally getting to see one in person. A complicated item to have made I'm sure-- and is pretty clearly carefully hand painted and assembled. An amazing piece, really.

View Profile of Sync Send a personal message to Sync  Goto the website of Sync     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sync

Posted: 2008-08-21 3:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-21 14:24, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
I just got my fountain today unscathed, but have a question which I also posted under General Tiki-Tiki Bathrooms. No instructions came with it. Where does the small brown circular disc with 5 holes in it go? I assume on top of the fountain spigots, but wasn't sure. Also, how does the motor pump mount on the inside? And lastly, how much and where do you put the water in? Thanks for any help! It's not highly intricate to assemble, but I can't believe it didn't come with instructions!

I did get instructions, two pages of 8x10 folded and stuck in the box (on the outside of the foam, at the top on both of mine). Pretty simple-- the piece with the holes covers the water jets, and you fill it with water at the base. No real info on "mounting" the motor, but shows it with the hose connection up, sitting on the bottom piece-- it's a semi-submersible pump it appears.

Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 3:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Sync!!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-21 4:19 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! I received my fountain today

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 8:22 pm   Permalink

I got mine too......I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. The setup sucks...plain and simple. I can spit further than the fountain can on brand new batteries. I really am going to try to hook this up to an electrical outlet. The look of the fountain is very nice, but to get it to actually act like a fountain, Well, good luck! You might actually see my name selling this on ebay. I feel like I've paid $125.00 more than the "fountain" is really worth. Brand new batteries, and still it drools....

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 8:59 pm   Permalink

Since mine didn't come with the instructions and speaking of drooling, I'm afraid I have more questions now that the fountain's set up. How much water do you put in? I put in just a bit in the middle of the base where the fountain screws in and it drooled. Do you just pour the water in the circle surrounding the fountain or pour some in before screwing it in the base? And do the wires need to be mounted in that white clip up inside the round part of the fountain? Can the wires and motor get completely wet? Otherwise, what's that clip for? And I assume it's ok to use bottled drinking water? It's cleaner I'd think. Thanks so much for any help with these questions!

Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 10:19 pm   Permalink

Here are 2 photos of my fountain in it's new home, my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom! See my other photos under General Tiki/Tiki Bathroom.

wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-22 1:12 pm   Permalink

Funny putting the fountain with tiny parrots right next to that monster parrot.

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 1:22 pm   Permalink

112th person in line, just got my fountain yesterday. In fact I didn't even know that it came until I tracked it today, I guess they are not requiring a signature like they said. They left if on my front porch and when I got my mail yesterday it wasn't there, I left for work through the back door this morning, so when I got to work this morning and called Disney for the tracking number they told me it would come today and I had to sign for it, so when I tracked it, it said delivered yesterday at 2:30, I called home and lucky for me my honey was still at home and brought it in for me. Disney doesn't seem to know what the left had is doing sort of speak, if I wouldn't of tracked it myself and just took their word for it, it would of sat out there all day, as it was it sat there all night. As far as the signature goes, they said if I wasn't there they would leave a call slip. Which isn't so, so if your not home have a neighbor keep an eye out for you. Nothing worse then a package left out when no ones home and we all know that if someone stole it Disney might not enough to replace it with. So when I open it I will let you know how it turns out.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 4:52 pm   Permalink

Wishyouwell,
Why don't you know, that's Parrotzilla! Actually, that's a great talking, dancing parrot I got at Toys R Us. He's awesome! I play the Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack in there and he dances to it!

disneydan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-22 7:19 pm   Permalink

Got my fountain yesterday. I broke off two of the fountain jets while trying to position them. They are just glued on and not very well. I was having problems with the water pressure as well. I re-glued all the jets with epoxy glue for plastic and replaced the batteries. It now works great. I think that the water was leaking from around the bottom of the jets that caused the pressure to go down. I just wish there was an option to run the lights only, the pump must suck up a lot of power from the batteries. It seems like lots of disney items are now battery powered, what ever happened to a good old wall plug? I have to say that visually the fountain is beautiful and even if it did not work I would still be happy to stare at it!!! Besides, it makes my tiki drummer and Tongaroa happy - now they are asking for the Barker Bird (how do I break it to them that stupid me missed out on that one when they were on sale at disneydirect)

View Profile of disneydan Send a personal message to disneydan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 10:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 19:19, disneydan wrote:
Got my fountain yesterday.

By the looks of it, you should have received all 4 or more of your fountains.
Pretty crazy how most of us were limited to (2) fountain purchases, yet you've managed to flip 3 of them on ebay already. At least the rent is covered this month...heh

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-23 8:40 pm   Permalink

Hi Sync & DisneyDan,
I was at Disneyland today and got all my questions answered about the fountain; filling water and how much, motor questions, etc. They actually had one broken one there at the Disneyana shop so I could show them what I was talking about. And Disneydan, since the water pressure is sooo weak, I just simply unplugged and removed the water pump motor from it's harness and the lights run just fine without it! I agree, I would have bought this fountain just as a display piece with lights only it's so cool! Also, a decorating tip. That stark white battery cover? Just take a brown permanant Marks-a-Lot pen and color it and it blends in pretty darn good!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation