FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Endless Summer @ The Rincon Room August 30 3:00pm-?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Endless Summer @ The Rincon Room August 30 3:00pm-?
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 5:07 pm   Permalink

I've been so crazy buzy since the big shin-dig...that I apologize for not saying MAHALO sooner.
Beautiful, beautiful place and wonderful hosts, guest bartenders, etc., etc......

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-10 9:46 pm   Permalink

Again, a big thanks for the pix. Will we have another party?.......maybe.....The reason we were reluctant to have this one was the fact that I noticed that Mrs. Fury spends most of the parties in the kitchen. She had lots of help and still spent most of her (& their) time in the kitchen. The guest bartenders were a huge help to freeing up my time, and more fun than Bongwater Cocktails all night... Maybe if we decide to do it again we will not cook anything......just a pot-luck with guest grillers, appetizers, and ? I was bummed not to try CheekyGirl's drink or the cupcakes she brought......grrrrrr.....seemed like the party lasted only a couple of hours. The cost is also a consideration as we gave up Oasis to have the party. Worth it to us for the great memories. Glasgow Tiki Shakers played a killer rendition of the Theme To The Endless Summer. Perfection......

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 11:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks again for having such a radical Party Ron,
that bummed me out to read that you gave up Oasis to have the party.

I'm sure that everyone would be more than willing to help out, if there is a next time, just like everyone offered to, for Grog's Luau in ???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 01:31 am   Permalink

Bongo Fury,

Are there any of these Rincon Room prints left and how much are they?

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-09-12 01:32 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-13 06:18 am   Permalink

We still have some posters.....cost = Free

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 07:06 am   Permalink

"The cost is also a consideration as we gave up Oasis to have the party."

BF, I just got Trader Vic's "Kitchen Kibitzer" and it's basically about how to entertain without spending all your time in the kitchen. It's a must-read, and funny as heck.

Also, please don't miss Oasis again. It's like an adult Tiki Disneyland of wonderous and strange delights.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-13 07:20 am   Permalink

Great pics...looks like an awesome time was had by all...your place looks better with every party. My vote for best backyard!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 8:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-13 06:18, bongofury wrote:
We still have some posters.....cost = Free

OK, I'll take one for free if I can make a belated donation to help with the party!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-18 06:33 am   Permalink

I'm so jealous of the fantastic environment you made in your home. And I'm jealous I don't get to parties like that.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 12:30 pm   Permalink

Wow, amazing place and what a fabulous party. I'm doing some remodelling and saw your Rincon Room in a book I have! [Atomic Ranch]

Your home is beautiful.

Matt the Cat & I are in No. Cal. Not sure if we met you at Oasis, we went last year, won't make it this year. Boo hoo...

Anyway, just wanted to aknowledge your amazing home, it was fun seeing it in a book and I had to see more

Mookie

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 12:43 pm   Permalink

is BTD going for mosquito feast II under the stars at this thing??

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 12:46 pm   Permalink

checking out Murph's for the first time tonight... so glad you all have all this Crazy energy to create place for folks like me to come and be amazed.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 3:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-31 12:43, crazy al wrote:
is BTD going for mosquito feast II under the stars at this thing??

you mean III don't you Al?

if the Fury's will have me, I love to couch surf in the Rincon Room, outside bar.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-02 6:37 pm   Permalink

TikiMookie....the pix in Atomic Ranch and Tiki Magazine #2 are from our last house. It was in a converted 9X11 utility room. This one is now in the back yard. I do believe we met at Oasis as we were vending as "Mysteries Of The South Seas".....this year too with some different crap.

BTD....check this years post if I can find it...

MamboKing
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-22 22:08, tikitony wrote:
Uh oh! Its now official!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: tikitony 2008-08-10 13:24 ]

OK, NOW I know why I thought it said Bong of Fury. It was this poster.
http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/RadioFreeBakersfield
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

View Profile of MamboKing Send a personal message to MamboKing  Email MamboKing Goto the website of MamboKing     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation