FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Endless Summer @ The Rincon Room August 30 3:00pm-?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Endless Summer @ The Rincon Room August 30 3:00pm-?
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 06:54 am   Permalink

First a day at the Primer Nationals, that in itself would be a great day, but to add a visit to the Rincon Room is over the top.
Ron and Mikee I cannot thank you enough for the blessing of your friendship, your hospitality and sharing your incredible home. Rincon Room aside, Your beautiful people. This was my wife's first foray into my world of Tiki and as Ambassadors of Poly-pop, you have her hooked!

Our host, Bongofury

Mrs. Bananbobs

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 07:14 am   Permalink

Bigtikidude when he heard Grog was at the party

Grog laying low, not acknowledging his name...

Polypop, his beautiful family eating with the King.

The next burger is mine!!!

As Twilight arrives, so does the Tiki Torch lighting ceremony, music by The Glasgow Tiki Shakers

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-31 11:09 am   Permalink

Ron and Mickee, you two are the most gracious of hosts and have the most awesome house. GROG wish ya'll lived closer so GROG could be over there EVERY night. Good seeing everybody that was there, and GROG really enjoy the Glasgow Shakers. Good food food, yummy drinks; it was a great evening at the Rincon Room.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 12:07 pm   Permalink

Dear BongoFury's
Thank you so much for opening your beautiful home to everyone, it's a hidden gem.
here are some more pics below:

[ This Message was edited by: Sparkle Mark 2008-08-31 13:49 ]

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 12:40 pm   Permalink

Thank You so much Ron and Mickee. We had such a great time at the Rincon Room. The Glassgow Tiki Shakers were awesome. Thank you to all of the bartenders for getting me good and liqured up. The food was delicious. And the Hospitality and the great company of friends is the best. I can't belive all of the new additions you have made since your last party. I am still in awe of your collection. Thank you Thank you Thank you. We hope to see you soon.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-08-31 12:55 pm   Permalink

Bongofury and Mrs. Fury, thank you for a fantastic time!

The Monkees have it all wrong, the song should be Pleasant Valley Saturday.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 5:26 pm   Permalink

"What I Have Learned", by Tangaroa-Ru

I have learned that I really should not leave L.A. on Labor Day weekend EVER AGAIN. I cannot believe how many fine Tiki events were happening over the past few days out here. Nevertheless, Asheville has been lovely and it is good to see old friends here, too. Thanks to everyone who has posted photos so I can, at least, see what I missed!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 6:15 pm   Permalink

Ron & Mickee, you guys are the best. Thank you so much for opening up you awesome home to us. I am amazed at your collection. It was great to be able to see so many of the TC Ohana there from all over. I for one can definitely say that it was WELL WORTH the long drive from the OC to be there. I am so glad that so many people were able to document this event with pictures. Keep em coming!

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 7:32 pm   Permalink

Ron and Mickee are such gracious hosts, and they have such a wonderful home, that its like being transported to a tropical paradise. Their collection is incredible and its displayed so beautifully. Their parties have all the perfect elements of good food and drinks, live music, and lots of great friends.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-01 08:34 am   Permalink

Mr. and Mrs. Bongofury... you both are so amazing. Both your creative spirits have blossomed into an amazing exOtic Jungle environment once again and thank you for sharing a little bit of the world you have created. The foliage has really taken off, and I can only imagine the amazing jungle you'll have in just a few more years. I always forget just how inspiring your vintage collection can be, especially with the meticulous way its all presented. Your suggestion to paint black velvet as well as your awesome collection of velvets inspired me to put paint to velvet, and I'm more excited about tiki now than I was when I first discovered my first palm log and bamboo in the riverbed to make my first Tiki Hut almost 10 years ago!

Purple Dave Orchid mixing up an amazing Foggy Groggy ... forgot what it was really called, but it was an amazing blend of the exotic with the fog and bubbles and did I mention it tasted great!

Monkey, Chimp, Orangoutang, and Alene.

Bongofury crossing the bridge over the lagoon as Doug Horne almost tops the 8 foot tall torches.

These are the Ceramic Tiki Necklaces offered for donations towards food/drink that I sculpted.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-01 09:48 am   Permalink

A huge thank you to Ron and Mickee. The house is absolutely amazing. I could hardly pull myself away from the Cabinet of Awesome Stuff.

The guest bartenders were sensational. I had no idea that Ojaitimo made such a killer mai tai.

It was incredibly nice of Tony to sign posters.

I had a fabulous time.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-01 11:11 am   Permalink

Ron and Mickee! Awesome party, your place is incredible. Thanks for letting me make a mess with the 3 versions of Mai Tais I made. Vic's, Don's and Clement. (Thanks Tiki Kate)

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-09-01 20:33 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-01 12:53 pm   Permalink

sorry for late reply,
IM just now getting on the computer since friday afternoon.

Wow!!! the place has really become so much more amazing.
not that it wasn't great 2 years ago.
But all the small touches and additions, and the inside of the house it just
so cooool.
Thanks so much for having this party, I know that a lot goes into it, to make it happen and we all appreciate it so much.
You 2 are so awesome. and great hosts.

JonPaul and Marie, and Ran and Dale said they wished they could have been there.

thanks for letting me crash on the couch in the tiki bar again. It's the best place in the world to sleep after a great party like that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-01 5:17 pm   Permalink

What a great evening. Thank you so much to Bongofury and Mikee for letting us invade your space. Your home is a dreamland.

Here are the pics that were the least blurry:

The Tiki Tonys

I happened upon these people as they all crowded into the bathroom together...

Ookoo and Grog

Vintage Girl!

A picture of Ookoo taking a picture of Vintage Girl and Atomic Cocktail

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-01 6:22 pm   Permalink

Here is that picture!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation