FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Bike Owner's Club
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Bike Owner's Club
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-24 5:43 pm   Permalink

Here it is...the most beautiful bike in the world.....

Sought after by Tikiphiles, Bike Collectors, Cruising Enthusiasts, and Art Admirers the world over.

Produced by Dyno (GT Bicycles)in 2000, this Limited Edition TABOO TIKI bicycle is a rare and hard to find cruiser. Kustom Kulture artist Von Franco designed the colors and graphics for this masterpiece! It features: original artwork from Von Franco, flashing tiki statue headlamp, Dyno cork grips and saddle, orange powder coated rims, and an incredible tropical green paint job with taboo tiki artwork!

SOME LINKS FOR FUN
The VonFranco Website
Von Franco: I Was A Teenage Monster Shirt Painter DVDA look into the early artwork of the artist.

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

Since several of us own this beautiful piece of artwork, I thought a collectors club was long overdue. This will help us to consolidate pictures of our bikes, plus I think a secret handshake, a decoder ring, a mug, etc. will be must haves for this group. Please post pics of your baby and tell us how you got hooked up with your cruiser and how you are using your Taboo Tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: vampiressrn 2008-11-02 16:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2008-11-23 10:52 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-24 5:52 pm   Permalink

When I first saw this bike, it was in a post here on TC that was for sale. I fell in love with it and envisioned it hanging on the ceiling in my lounge along with other eclectic tiki items. I ended up buying a brand new bike still in the box and it is a bute!!!

My lounge is still under decorating construction, so when it is further along, will post more pictures of the bike.

A Happy Club Member

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2008-07-24 17:54 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 6:49 pm   Permalink

Count me in!! I'll post pics when I pick mine up. How about a 3 piece patch too? But put it on a fez . Let's also schedual a run. It would be so hot for like 40 tikiphiles to show up to say Oasis or Hukilau on our Von Franco's...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-24 6:59 pm   Permalink

Great idea on the show of force...we could shoot for Oasis 2009 (we can link with Otto for ideas/options). The patch sounds good too.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 02:31 am   Permalink

I just got mine today! By the time I got it home and assembled it (the previous owner had pulled it apart) it was dark, hence the crappy pic. I've added Electra whitewalls with hibiscus tread pattern, and the ape hanger bars. Thats the seat that came with it. Plans are green grips, pinstriping on the fenders, reinstall the tiki on the front fender, and some hand carved tikis for the valve caps.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 08:17 am   Permalink

Guaranteed you'll get a lot of people saying, "Hey that's a cool bike". I do. Make sure it's locked up tight when it's parked.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-11-02 09:33 am   Permalink

Shouldn't it be The Von Franco Tiki Bike Rider's Club?

Collector's Club insinuates you have more than one. Or maybe some of you do?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 2:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-02 09:33, Hakalugi wrote:

No..They are very rarely ridden, particularly when stored that high on the wall...
So maybe "The Von Franco Tiki Bike Owner's Club" if it really needs to be changed, which i don't think it does.

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-02 2:34 pm   Permalink

Hey CONGRATS Hewey....she is looking grand (even in the dark)!!! Whether we ride em or just look at em, it is good to know there are collectors that are working hard to save these beautiful bikes. I agree...if you are out and about, be sure to lock and secure the bike. Have fun with your new bike Hewey.

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-11-02 2:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-02 14:02, Tiki Trav wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-11-02 09:33, Hakalugi wrote:

No..They are very rarely ridden, particularly when stored that high on the wall...
So maybe "The Von Franco Tiki Bike Owner's Club" if it really needs to be changed, which i don't think it does.

Ridden or not, until you have more than one, you are not a collector. So I agree with Trav, "The Von Franco Tiki Bike Owner's Club" would be the sensible name.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 3:59 pm   Permalink

I am more impressed with a "Tiki Bike Riders Club" than a "Collectors Club". Bikes are for riding. I went for a nice ride today and I feel great!! I also saw a Von Franco bike on the trail and the rider looked super stoked!! BTW I like the Ape Hangers Hewey.

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2008-11-02 16:01 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-02 4:28 pm   Permalink

OK...changed it to the Tiki Trav suggestion. Hope that works for "owners" and admirers. It is just such a cool looking bike, I am happy to have one.

I see some nice
grips if anyone is looking for replacements.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 5:34 pm   Permalink

Call it "a bunch of people with cool tiki bikes" for all I care

Mine will be customised and used, just like all my toys (be it cars or bikes ) It's not in pristine condition, and wasnt totally original when I got it, so its not like Im wrecking one. And I dont care what its "value" is, because I dont plan on selling the thing any time soon! But it'll make sure I keep the soul of the original bike.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 02:32 am   Permalink

Okay the hub on mine needs some work to get her nice and tight, so for now Im running a 26/24 inch rim combo off a Dyno Deuce Fireball, but with no name front rubber and a Thick Brick up the rear (this is the wheel/tyre combo to go on my stretch cruiser, when I have the taboo tiki wheels sorted). The bike guys will know what Im talking about

Took her out for a ride today, maaaaan this bike turns some heads! Even more than my stretch wheelbase beach cruiser. Best of all was the thumbs up from the guy on the Harley Yeh, I love the attention, I admit it

Some pics from todays ride:

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 09:24 am   Permalink

I vote that this thread becomes the "Tiki Bike Owner's Club", which would open it up to more input while still allowing you to post pictures of yer precious Von Whatsisname bike.

Hey, why buy a bike and hang then it on the wall???!!!! Get yer priorities straight!!!

My favorite person on Planet Earth is Malcolm Merriweather. He's the bike riding visitor from England who becomes Andy Griffith's valet. He just rides all over the U.S. visiting little towns and having adventures, like Route 66 but with proper tea.

Here he is -

Later today I'll be doing the Malcolm Merriweather West Coast Dippy Hippie/Motorcycle/Zen Garden/Tiki Tour. I'll post pictures...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation