FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Bike Owner's Club
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Bike Owner's Club
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-23 7:32 pm   Permalink

Not a Von Franco...but this looks like a nice ride for those of you into biking and would appreciate a little help.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Home/Electric_Bike.jsp?cm_sp=ElectricBike-_-LeftNav-_-09232010

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 04:54 am   Permalink

That rack looks really good alien, post some more pics

Here's mine, had it proudly displayed on my ute at a vintage surf/car event today. Thats a paipo I made (traditional hawaiian bellyboard) on the rack on the bike.

After a while I got itchy feet and went for a ride

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2010-12-05 04:55 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-05 10:50 am   Permalink

Very cool hewey and you take really great pictures...love the one against the fence-that one is magazine worthy!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
oldskool79chevy

Posted: 2011-04-14 10:15 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, I'm new on here, figured I'd jump in and post some pictures of my new found love. Just this past Christmas I was down in Texas and happened to walk into the smallest 'hole in the wall' rock & roll pawn shop where I found this beauty. I had no idea how rare the bike was, I just loved the way it looked. Went home that night, checked it out online, and wasted NO time the next morning to go pick her up, $500? totally worth it. Anyone know where I can find some replacement parts by the way? mainly a headlight

View Profile of oldskool79chevy Send a personal message to oldskool79chevy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-16 3:02 pm   Permalink

had a choice between the two and got the Kozmopoliton that year in pink. (with martini's all over it!) I still love her but my husband will probably never forgive me.

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-30 01:15 am   Permalink

Nice score mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-01 9:20 pm   Permalink

old school - Ebay sometimes has headlights - you also need to find some valve caps (Skulls) - Either way nice score have fun - make it custom if you like too! Its all good

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBike

Posted: 2011-10-22 11:25 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys,
Picked up my first Tiki bike from fellow member Wes at the community yard sale. Also grabbed his Whizzer. Now Im way over budget. Oh well. It was a little rough but, after about 8 hours its looking good. Maybe a 6 pack or two as well involved. I forgot to take before pictures because I dove right in. Heres a short list of what I did.
Dissasembled the seat and painting the frame and post
Painted the handlebars
Replaced the broken Tiki with one I got from a buddy
Buffed out the paint
New screws in the fenders to replace all the rusty ones
Repacked all the bearings with new grease

The only thing Im missing is the Dyno emblems for the tank. Anyone know where I can get them? Also including some pictures of the rest of my bikes. I have a little addiction.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiBike 2011-10-22 23:27 ]

View Profile of TikiBike Send a personal message to TikiBike  Email TikiBike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-23 09:07 am   Permalink

CONGRATS to you tikibike, that was pretty fast turn-around time on the reconditioning. What's a few extra bucks, when you can end up with an awesome bike like that.

oldskool79chevy...nice picture of the Tiki headlight in action.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2011-10-23 09:08 ]

TikiBike

Posted: 2011-10-26 9:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wes. You made me an awesome deal on it. Cruising the boardwalk in style now.

View Profile of TikiBike Send a personal message to TikiBike  Email TikiBike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DarthMalaguti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-22 1:32 pm   Permalink

Please add me to the Tiki Bike Owners Club. It took me a five hour round-trip drive on Friday and I picked up a Von Franco Taboo Tiki Cruiser. I purchased it from the original owner. He has at least ten different cruisers in his garage and chose to thin out his herd by selling this one. It's in pretty decent shape and not a spot of rust anywhere. The original tires look good also. It's not perfect as it has some scratches and a couple of small dents, but I think that adds to the bike's overall patina. It's all original and both the headlight and tiki light are functional.

View Profile of DarthMalaguti Send a personal message to DarthMalaguti      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-02 7:38 pm   Permalink

Ornaments available.

http://www.amazon.com/Nirve-Tiki-Ornament-Bike-Light/dp/B000QFMYLC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1383446110&sr=8-4&keywords=tiki+ornament

Analuhulahunter

Posted: 2014-01-06 5:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone,
By the Power of Grey Skull I came across this amazing piece of art a good will store last weekend, it is in amazing shape and I cant tell you how unbelievably STOKED I am to start the restoration. Everything is original, all GT components and even the original Dyno Street Slicks. I have already ordered a few things that it needs including the original owners manual but it is missing one of the adhesive "D" emblems that cover the screw hole on the tank. If anyone has any ideas on how I might find a set I would be greatly appreciated. I will post before and after pics on the Rustoration on the exposed metal parts and other upgrades.
Mahalo

View Profile of Analuhulahunter Send a personal message to Analuhulahunter  Email Analuhulahunter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-07 12:03 pm   Permalink

Awesome find! It's getting harder to find good stuff at Goodwill because they train their employees to cherry pick the stuff first to sell elsewhere, like their online store. Sometimes a good item gets through.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 2:04 pm   Permalink

just like the one on FB - ;)
Im glad the link to amazon light was helpful!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation