FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Bike Owner's Club
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Tiki Bike Owner's Club
Cincinnatiki

Posted: 2014-01-11 8:38 pm   Permalink

So I found a taboo tiki bike for sale but it's in pretty rough shape from the looks of it. They're asking $250 any opinions?

View Profile of Cincinnatiki Send a personal message to Cincinnatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-11 10:01 pm   Permalink

Some of us paid around $500 +++ for our bikes in good condition. Recently saw one on eBay for around $900 and have seen them run up to $1500. Then again, might find one at a garage sale for $50 if the person doesn't know what they have. It is really up to you...looks like the artwork is pretty worn but maybe an artist on here can tell you how to improve that and certainly other parts can be restored. I am only one person and certainly not an expert...see if you can barter down the price due to the decals and go with what you feel in your heart.

If you get it...post pictures of your baby here, and let us know how the restoration goes.

EDIT...always be on the lookout for parts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNO-TABOO-TIKI-TANK-NEW-IN-THE-BOX-VON-FRANCO-TIKI-/131089265806

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2014-01-11 22:05 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Analuhulahunter

Posted: 2014-01-23 10:25 am   Permalink

Id buy it......worst case you could part it out on ebay and double your money, hell id give you $50 just for the D stickers on the tank

View Profile of Analuhulahunter Send a personal message to Analuhulahunter  Email Analuhulahunter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swalsr

Posted: 2014-04-09 09:29 am   Permalink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Von-Franco-Taboo-Tiki-Beach-Cruiser-Dyno-/231188352830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d3e64f3e

This one is for sale starting at 450 everything is complete.

View Profile of swalsr Send a personal message to swalsr      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doc Aikane
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-22 08:08 am   Permalink

I'm not sure if this is the original Tiki that was on the bike, but if you're missing yours this might make a good replacement. Looks like there are 8 of them still available:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-LIGHT-TIKI-ORNAMENT-TRANSLUCENT-GREEN-NEW-/390221015483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adafc29bb

View Profile of Doc Aikane Send a personal message to Doc Aikane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DollyLava

Posted: 2014-06-19 12:58 pm   Permalink

Here's my tiki ride!

I think the best ride I had was at Tour De Fat (a beer and bike group ride and event). I wish I could find a picture! The bike and I were wearing flowers and looking very summery.
I won't be in the club soon since I am selling the bike but I thought I would post while I still can!

View Profile of DollyLava Send a personal message to DollyLava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-10 7:01 pm   Permalink

I just found one too. Never thought I'd be a member of this club.

Mine is in "okay" condition...a few bumps and scrapes for sure, but I've really enjoyed riding it and I think it was worth the $275 I paid.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-10 8:40 pm   Permalink

Good for you. Nice find. I still regret to this day that I did not buy the one I had my hands on when they first came out.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-10 11:13 pm   Permalink

I know it is a cliche, but if you are meant to have one of these bikes, it will eventually come your way. Before I even knew about Tiki and this message board, I had a hankering for the Witco World Map. I am not a Witco fan, but finally the map that was meant to be mine came my way and I snagged it.

Just keep searching, these bikes are great. Mine functions as a piece of art, but most people take advantage of the nice ride. I will keep you in my thoughts EJ...come on bike!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-13 9:13 pm   Permalink

Rumour has it that the paint colour is "House of Kolor" green. Can anyone substantiate? I'd like to get a small bottle of paint to touch up the nicks and scratches that riddle mine.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-14 6:37 pm   Permalink

Call it testing the waters
But I may be ready to let my tiki bike go.

I have the original box and I built it myself so it was NIB when I got it. I have ridden it and yes it has a few scratches but its in excellent shape.
Shipping could get interesting but there is a bike shop near by that I know would help me for a fee.

That said PM me or poke around here and I can get up some pics.

I know prices vary I know what I paid for it a few years back so I'm thinking thinking that number is fair add any shipping. I'm near NYC and can transport it somewhat locally.

GO!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 28 days ago; 5:41 pm   Permalink

no one interested in tiki bike with box?

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Analuhulahunter

Posted: 21 days ago; 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-13 21:13, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Rumour has it that the paint colour is "House of Kolor" green. Can anyone substantiate? I'd like to get a small bottle of paint to touch up the nicks and scratches that riddle mine.

Let me know if you find the paint I would like some as well

View Profile of Analuhulahunter Send a personal message to Analuhulahunter  Email Analuhulahunter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 4:42 pm   Permalink

mine new in box (see above post) came with touch up paint the actual paint does not have a name or color on it.

The Bottle looks like a nail polish size bottle or the green flake.

I could put some on a white piece of card board if someone needs it. Sample like.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation