FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki the coolest stereo system ever?
the coolest stereo system ever?
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 9:03 pm   Permalink

Somehow, I lived my whole entire life without hearing about the aesthetic pleasures of the Canadian Clairtone stereo system.

Today my life was enriched by the following website, and especially the embedded nine minute video clip.

Amazing, simply amazing .... and endorsed, both officially and unofficialy, by Frank Sinatra, Hugh Hefner, and Mrs Robinson.

http://www.retrothing.com/2008/07/clairtone-vinta.html

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev 2008-07-24 21:13 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 05:17 am   Permalink

That is nice and would perfectly go with the large pastic mid-century light fixtures we found last weekend...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 05:57 am   Permalink

Does it go to eleven?

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 10:25 pm   Permalink

On ebay, yes. $11,000. Those Project G's sure look cool though. I have talked to a few vintage radio restorers, and they say that the solid state electronics in them are not very reliable, and are a pain to work on. Just fyi. I'd still like to own one though. Or a cabinet and speakers just like it that I could place my own stereo setup into.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation