FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CRAWL... drunken posts go here
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
CRAWL... drunken posts go here
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-03-09 03:50 am   Permalink

Okay kids-- it's almost 3am and I've had, by myself, three volcanos. (One at Sam's, two at the Bamboo Hut.) It was kind of a crazy night-- a last-minute logistical problem almost hosed us at the Bamboo Hut-- but we DID IT!!! AND WE GOT EVERYBODY IN!!! My "legs" sunglasses remained intact without getting stolen. I think a lot of TC people went over to Hawaii West to catch the rescheduled Petty Booka... I am dying to hear how that went.

In the meantime, the night is pretty much over, and I'm waiting to hear any other reviews. MIA: one mr. Hanford... and also one miss Tiki Cutie. WHERE THE HECK WERE THEY?!?!?!!

Okay, going to go pass out...

mig.
Still able to type.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-09 12:59 pm   Permalink

And here's some verrrry incriminating pictures!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3343151653e&notag=1

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcrisis

Posted: 2003-03-09 2:22 pm   Permalink

More Photos!

Had a blast! We've gotta meet like that more often.

http://jasc.shutterfly.com/os.jsp?i=67b0de21b33433c9e497&open=1

DC

View Profile of dcrisis Send a personal message to dcrisis  Email dcrisis Goto the website of dcrisis ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-09 2:51 pm   Permalink

I owe everyone a HUGE apology ... (especially martin - I hope you got the message I left for you at the tonga room) thanks to my lack of direction (and the city's severe lack of parking) I completely flaked. After leaving Sam's I tried to find the Tonga Room and ended up in Chinatown. By the time I made it to Bamboo Hut (at 10 to 10) you could barely get in the door it was SOOO packed. So I decided to cut my losses and drive back to the south bay. I never did find the tonga room...

View Profile of TikiMel Send a personal message to TikiMel  Email TikiMel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-09 4:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Mig.
TikiCutie walked into the Tonga Room for a short visit. You didn't see her? She was dressed all in blue. Looked cool to me.
As for me and the Mrs., we loved the whole thing, I am in awe. I will post more later (very tired). And I'll get a slide show up within a couple days. It was great meeting all of you, even those I didn't meet. HA!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-09 5:07 pm   Permalink

ugh!!!!!

it was nice meeting everyone, a big mahalo has to go out to martin for orchestrating(sp?) this huge event,and keeping everyone alive.

when i get back to vegas i post pics too.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-09 8:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-09 17:07, hula hula wrote:
when i get back to vegas i post pics too.

Hey Hula,
After Saturday's events, one wonders if you'll post them all....

HUMMM......

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:18 am   Permalink

A joyous night!

I'm just going through the memories and trying to sort out names, faces, and events.

Such fun, such frivolity, I love it!

-B

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:19 am   Permalink

My brain still hurts, but in a good way. It can't be over!
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-03-10 10:46 am   Permalink

Tikimel-- darnit, you should have stopped at the BH anyway! At that time, it was *totally* empty inside-- but there was a huge line outside. They were holding the line so that they could let all the Crawlers in at the same time. At about 10:20, they let in all the Crawlers, while still keeping the randoms outside.

It was a bit crowded, so a lot of people went over to Hawaii West (small Asiany, hemi-tiki bar) a few blocks away.

I'll post my own pictures soon...

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 11:36 am   Permalink

Who put the sulfites in my pu pu's at the Foggy Grotto!?! I almost met the Big Kahuna in the sky!!!

In case you are wondering what the heck happened to me on Sat, little did I know that Martiki had secretly attempted to bump me off-there were sulfites hiding in the pu pu's-shrimp poppers, etc. I have a very serious allergy to sulfites-was hospitalized before for it...I didn't want to embarrass the Centralites by ordering up an ambulance to rescue me from the Tonga, so I hid out and eventually cabbed home.

Worst part of it all was I didn't get to see much of the Tonga, and never made it to the Bamboo Hut!!! Missed a big chunk of the crawl! Good news...I'm still here, and as tacky as ever. Next year I'll bring my own stash of snacks and wear a medical alert bracelet...but with tiki charms on it so it looks cool.

here's a round of Mai Tais for you all!

Love ya all!!

Tacky Tiki

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 11:36 am   Permalink

Now why didn't they come out in a circle!?

I'll try again for a 'round'!

Tacky Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Tacky Tiki on 2003-03-10 11:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tacky Tiki on 2003-03-10 14:57 ]

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 11:57 am   Permalink

Fun! Was! Had!

Big, big thanks to all involved in pulling this feat off, especially Martiki (who's Foggy Grotto was deee-vine). I didn't get a chance to meet & talk with everyone, but the vibe was there and I felt like I was with family. Can't wait for the next event!

Here's my crappy pics -- the first half are very bad, as I had my camera on the wrong setting (oops!):

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b334158b65f6

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:05 pm   Permalink

And here are my pics!

I myself didn't make it to the Tonga Room-- the executive decision was made to get to the BH early to stake out spots and make sure everything was okay to get everybody in. A good move, as it turned out.

Anyway, my pictures are at:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33415a165dc

Enjoy! So nice to meet so many people finally! (I won't start listing because we'll be here all day.)

bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:56 pm   Permalink

Good drunken times!

I really enjoyed meeting the SoCal contingent that came up for the crawl:
PolyPop(I thought you'd be taller), TraderPup, HulaHula, Floratina & Sugarcadddydaddy.....a fun group indeed & not the least bit "hoity-toity"!!
It was great to see SweetPea & TikiMamma (& crew), who are totally hilarious & we dont see nearly enough of!

I had a great time as usual, but where the fuck was Hanford???

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation