FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CRAWL... drunken posts go here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
CRAWL... drunken posts go here
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 10:12 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to put in my big mahalo and give props to everyone who was responsible for putting together a kick-ass good time on Sat. night.

It was great to finally meet some other TC'ers although I didn't get to meet as many as I wanted... alas.

Anyway, I'm sure I won't get any work done tomorrow because I'll be looking at all of the great pics y'all have posted. I can't wait for the next event.

Aloha and mahalo!

P.S.
Trader Pup, I didn't get a chance to check out the tiki necklace guys you were selling (I think it was you)... What's the deal with them? Got any left?

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 01:03 am   Permalink

What a riot! Martin, you're a genius. That bus ride was truly memorable. I recall many of us said we should just do that again, but without ever getting off...I can't really argue with that.

Well, especially if we included the Tonga Room. Attitude aside, what an amazing place. The rain--I LOVE that. I could sit there all night. And it's true, they are slowly getting nicer. Guess some people just don't know a gift tiki when they see one...

TackyTiki, I'm so sorry I didn't realize what was the matter with you! Question: do EpiPens help you? I have a similarly nasty allergy...peanuts, alas. No Thai food for me.

Hanford, hope to see ya next time! and to quite a few others I met for the first time, we must do this more often. Tiki Cutie, perhaps we'll meet again in Florida--I wanna see yer go-go boot collection! And Humuhumu, I am going to Seattle soon if it's the last thing I do. Hope to see you there!

I must say--I love our Hoiti Toiti friends. It was so incredible that you came all that way to party with us. Talk about the Tiki Spirit! Hope you had some good thrift finds, too...and here's to the good times to come! I treasure my Hoiti Toiti badge, by the way...

Hula Hula, you are THE rock 'n roll Tiki Party Animal of all time. No contest!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 01:08 am   Permalink

...and may I also second BBTD's sentiment that Tiki Mama and Sweetpea are delightful and it'd be great to see them more often? Good. Consider it done. Sweetpea, keep that dress. Trust me. It is so you.

Doodie's always welcome too...what did he think of the Ugh House? I imagine he'd feel right at home.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 05:05 am   Permalink

What's amazing is that the pics look almost identical to last years (some on tikifish.com under Tiki Crawl) and the year before!

Also, Mig, I thought you said someone swiped those glasses? Or something happened with the glasses. Are they the same pair, or do you buy them by the boxful?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 12:46 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:25 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 1:06 pm   Permalink

I did! I have some great ones of Trader Vic's, although I didn't take my camera on the Crawl. I promise I'll get myself over to Shutterfly later...really...

It was a most excellent beehive, with dress and makeup to match!

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 1:06 pm   Permalink

I did! I have some great ones of Trader Vic's, although I didn't take my camera on the Crawl. I promise I'll get myself over to Shutterfly later...really...

It was a most excellent beehive, with dress and makeup to match!

TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 2:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-13 01:08, tikivixen wrote:
...and may I also second BBTD's sentiment that Tiki Mama and Sweetpea are delightful and it'd be great to see them more often?

I live here! You can see me as often as you like! I (and my cabana boy) will be at Tiki Oasis, though.

At the risk of sounding elitist, we Bay Area types should make the effort to get together on a more casual basis. Like, every weekend. But without quite so much drinking, maybe. Maybe.

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-13 3:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Like, every weekend. But without quite so much drinking, maybe. Maybe.

Or maybe, with SO MUCH DRINKING.. and.. uh.. heh. Hey, look over there! A shiny thing!

I do agree though, I met some darn cool people this past weekend. I was the drunken bleached blonde boy with the tusk earrings, if ya didn't know.

Martin, ya mix a mean Planet of the Apes!

-B

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-14 07:50 am   Permalink

mmmmmm....monkeydrink.

"Oops! I was wrong! It was Earth, all along.
You finally made a monkey out of me!"

Mama is right: More Bay Area get togethers. More! Better! Now!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 6:21 pm   Permalink

tikimama sez-"At the risk of sounding elitist, we Bay Area types should make the
effort to get together on a more casual basis. Like, every weekend. But
without quite so much drinking, maybe. Maybe"

= = =
I don't think that is elitist-it is just neighborly, and a good idea----bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 6:41 pm   Permalink

Well, I guess I'm from the Way Outer Bay Area. I'm game. Just let me know when.

Also all you ladies and especially Floratina, since the Mrs. talked to you a lot about a party here at our new house that we won't be moving into for about 9 months, I can't wait that long, besides I want to share my backyard at this house before we move with all of you (guys too), so how can WE talk her into having a party or two this summer? I need your help. She thinks our place is too small. We had a party here 2 summers ago with 40 people and it turned out well. Think of something. Maybe you girls could post a thread here and say that you think my backyard is the greatest and you'd like to see it. Then I could innocently say "Hey honey, look what the folks on TC are saying about our backyard" (You can see an image of part of it on my website). Early August would be good. Help me. I feel like I'm stuck in the mud.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-17 06:39 am   Permalink

Tikimama and I are starting to plan a summer Party, June-ish.
We can start an official-ish "SF area Tiki Home Party Tour," like the unofficial one that Martin coined last year, that would be nifty.

We should start to stock a Tiki-Year-In-Review 2003 with much SF area pics, no?

-=C
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-18 08:27 am   Permalink

How about doing the Home Bar Crawl for International Tiki Day!!!? We could start somewhere with an official tiki torch lighting and then head out on the tikit trail! Maybe with little prizes at each stop-nothing fancy, just cheap little tiki-ish treasures, so each person picks up a tiki napkin, fake hibiscus, etc. at each home bar, and tries to complete the whole home bar tour! Just a crazy idea-I'm stalling-I don't want to go to work!

Tikivixen-Epipen is preserved with.....sulfites! I had an RX for one, but the doctor said that only if it is really really life or death should I try it, because I'd be injecting more allergens. The epi may or may not override the allergy.

Worked on the home tiki bar all weekend and missed the dang vintage fashion expo-the plan was to hit the Tonga after that and see what the heck I missed!

Tacky Tiki

Thanks for the complements on my Tiki attire for the crawl!

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-18 10:43 am   Permalink

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation