[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Hawaiian Eye mug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hawaiian Eye mug
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-27 6:39 pm   Permalink

Hey there. Anyone out there have any info on this rumor? Well, not really a rumor, but no details were given. I was at the Tiki Luau event at the Egyptian theater in Hollywood last night and Kevin Kidney was showing clips from "Hawaiian Eye". He was showing examples of the iconic tiki used for the show and mentioned that there will be a HAWAIIAN EYE TIKI MUG!!!!!! coming out "later this year" or something like that. How awesome would that be? anybody know who's making it? I gotta know!!!

BTW, my neighbor gave me a CD of music called Poncie Ponce Sings. It's really good and if you get a chance, you should check it out.

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 6:47 pm   Permalink

It's not a rumor and it should be done early next year. Kevin mentioned it at Hukilau and it's also on his blog.

I can't wait!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-27 7:35 pm   Permalink

That is a bute!!! Definitely want one of those.

You can pre-order Hawaiian Eye DVDs on
Amazon.com

Wouldn't it be cool to be drinking from that beautiful mug while watching the series.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2008-07-27 19:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: vampiressrn 2008-07-27 19:49 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 7:43 pm   Permalink

That mug is SWEET...Gotta get me one when it comes out.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 7:47 pm   Permalink

Vampy...

That second link is to a fraud ripoff site...

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE people. They operate under different pseudonymns, and have TONS of complaints...

Hawaiian EYE is NOT OUT yet on any DVD, so this is an obvious ripoff.

If it's on Amazon, it's out.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-27 7:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the alert...I removed the second link. I am glad I didn't try to order fro there.

You are correct in that the DVDs are not out yet...you can only sign up to be notified by Amazon when they become available.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 04:46 am   Permalink

Posted this once upon a time in Tiki Finds - that tiki even made its way to the tie-in book:

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 04:55 am   Permalink

i picked this up not too long ago.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 07:58 am   Permalink

Nice!

With lid and straw hole! Hmmmm... decanter size?

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 08:45 am   Permalink

thedivas,
You have a CD of Poncie Ponce Sings? Is it an LP rip? I didn't know it was on CD!!!!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 6:53 pm   Permalink

Holden digs Hawaiian eye, that I know for sure.Maybe he will be involved in the process.
Before my time, but very cool, I have the clip on myspace front page.
Cheers,
TraderBill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xquHa59aEC0

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 7:10 pm   Permalink

i'm definately EYEIN' that HAWAIIAN mug.....

......whoever makes these......please don't make this another shiny glaze mug!! this is screamin to be matte textured sand colored finish....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 7:31 pm   Permalink

I second that motion Tipsy .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 7:38 pm   Permalink

May I third that!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thedivas
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-29 8:43 pm   Permalink

this is great news! and the mug looks so awesome. i can't wait. re: the Poncie Ponce CD - my neighbor is in the record business and he gets stuff not very many people have. I'm looking at the cover now and it's the original album art. it has a cool sticker and the font is so stylized i can't be sure what it says. might be Jasrac and then kanji characters. but next to that is says "1992 Manufactured by M&M Enterprises" and the address in Kawasaki, Japan. It also includes the lyrics to all the songs. Way cool!

View Profile of thedivas Send a personal message to thedivas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation