FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Hawaiian Eye mug
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hawaiian Eye mug
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 2:52 pm   Permalink

Munktiki always kinda had a look-a-like. Says its only $18. One on Munktiki's cheapest. I should buy both.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 07:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-29 19:10, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

i'm definately EYEIN' that HAWAIIAN mug.....

......whoever makes these......please don't make this another shiny glaze mug!! this is screamin to be matte textured sand colored finish....

Kevin has told me that the mug will be a high-end collectible with matte bisque-finish exterior in natural "palm wood color" exactly like the original tiki on the show and it'll be food-safe glazed on the inside for liquid-usability.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 07:19 am   Permalink

want...

and i want a poncie ponce mug too.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 09:52 am   Permalink

I'd definitely add that mug to my collection!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-30 14:52, teaKEY wrote:

Munktiki always kinda had a look-a-like. Says its only $18. One on Munktiki's cheapest. I should buy both.

i have nothing but respect for munktiki..but that mug totally sucks, looks vaguely like the hawaiian eye mug but not even close and i wouldn't buy it if were the last mug on earth.......go ahead and waste yer money....i'm holdin out for the real deal......"accept no substitutes!!!"

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 2:45 pm   Permalink

Its not like there is a record of them claiming it to be a copy of the Hawaiian Eye carving. I think it's a great mug. This mug has been around for years. It's a more simple look of what could be the Hawaaian carving and the Hawaiian carving is a simple look for a tiki.

"Kevin has told me that the mug will be a high-end collectible" these words sound like limited number with extra greenbacks. The Munktiki is actually an very affordable mug and certainly an affordable Munktiki mug.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 5:08 pm   Permalink

"Highly collectable" sounds like code for a lot of ohana are gonna get screwed. I apologize for the bluntness of that comment but....If it is indeed a good replication of and tribute to the Hawiian Eye signature tiki then you demand will be high. If so just name a reasonable price (cost + profit point) and sell the shit out them.I am a collector but also a tiki enthusiast. If you allow pre-orders at the above price point then make a limited run (plus a few extra) and it becomes a win-win for most of the ohana. At the same time you don't alienate anyone. At the end of the day I am psyched about this project and want a mug as much as the next guy (or gal)m

These comments are meant to help not hurt. If anyone takes issue with what I said just pm me and we can have a constructive discourse.

Matt

[ This Message was edited by: rugbymatt 2008-08-03 08:04 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 5:36 pm   Permalink

sorry to come off so angry sounding, teakey....i just really want this hawaiian eye mug to turn out as awesome as i think it will.....i think it will be one of the best mugs out there as far as looks......too many times a great mug idea has fallen flat on it's face due to whatever reasons.....

i'm sure the mug you posted is a good deal for some folks ...i still don't like it...even if it's not meant to be like the hawaiian eye tiki....

this new one should rank up there with the ken pleasant big joe tiki mug (which i did get screwed out of cause i didn't order in time to get one) -hopefully i'll get one of these this time around.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:31 pm   Permalink

"High-end" - Argh!! The two most feared words in the human language! (Okay, maybe just me there)
Thinks I'll just hafta look at my comic book cover & dream...
Or sell the comic & buy the mug, hmmm...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 7:20 pm   Permalink

Although I also detest the words "Highly collectible" and "high end" I am still wanting to see a release date (and subsequent price) on this mug.
As a pi myself, this will be a must have for my collection. Hell, I'll have to get atleast two, if not three - one for my collection, one for my office and one for me to actually drink out of!

So...any more recent news on this masterpiece?

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 11:44 pm   Permalink

Patience. As far as I know, it's a next year's project.
And Kevin has been a proponent for unlimited Tiki mug editions for a long time, but when one sees ones artistically superior designs marred by low budget glazes, it is understandable to seek to fabricate an all around higher quality end product.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-27 3:18 pm   Permalink

Agreed... But I want one...I want one now! ;0)

Now next year seems sooo freakin' far off!

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 4:10 pm   Permalink

Hawaiian Eye Mug?

Quote:

On 2008-09-26 23:44, bigbrotiki wrote:
Patience. As far as I know, it's a next year's project.
And Kevin has been a proponent for unlimited Tiki mug editions for a long time, but when one sees ones artistically superior designs marred by low budget glazes, it is understandable to seek to fabricate an all around higher quality end product.

Does ANYONE have some current update info on this mug coming into production in 2009 OR 2010? Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 4:21 pm   Permalink

I posted this question to Kevin's Blog recently; no reply yet.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 11:06 pm   Permalink

I sent him an email regardig the hawaii eye mug as well a month ago via
face book, no response either.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation