[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Hawaiian Eye mug
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Hawaiian Eye mug
TikiGabe661
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-07 2:56 pm   Permalink

I want one!

View Profile of TikiGabe661 Send a personal message to TikiGabe661      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 6:20 pm   Permalink

Got an email today from Kevin and here is what he has to say .Very happy to hear back
from him and now I know why it took so long for him to get back with me.

Hi Billy,

Thank you very much for your message, and please forgive my not being able to get back to you sooner. This month I received a LOT of inquiries about the Hawaiian Eye Mug, which isn't too surprising as we all had hoped it would be released by now. I'm happy to say it's still happening, but had to be delayed while Jody and I accepted more freelance work this year. We lost a huge amount of money when one of the major companies we worked for last year filed for bankruptcy and simply refused to pay us for completed services. Unfortunately, out of necessity, we put all smaller personal projects - including the H.E. Mug - on the back burner while we took care of business.

Currently we are in the middle of moving our little studio to a bigger and more permanent space. Once settled, we'll kick final production of the H.E Mug and several other designs into high gear. Hopefully we haven't lost our audience's attention by then! The mugs are a personal project for me, something I had begun on the side in my spare time.

Tiki Kiliki distributed the Hukilau mug, which was completely pre-sold before the edition was ready. I think it came as a surprise to her! She's already asked me to do a new Hukilau piece with Munktiki for 2010.

Thanks again for taking the time to write. I really appreciate it. As soon as I have news of release dates, I'll let out the word. The H.E. mug is a top priority for me.

Best!
Kevin

So there you have it directly from the source.

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2009-10-08 18:28 ]

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-26 5:52 pm   Permalink

Thought I would stoke the fire again on this thread .I hopefully will be in touch
with Kevin after Thanksgiving sometime to get an update.In the meantime a friendly
reminder from the past .
Aloha Trader Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oCySuqUnZk&videos=TbxLVtFnU2k&playnext_from=TL&playnext=1

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-27 08:05 am   Permalink

Looking forward to it...thanks for the thread bump. Better start saving my spare change now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 7:28 pm   Permalink

Here's a shot of the mug in the Bum's new remixed book (drool):

Any news from KK on when we can get one?

-Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-19 10:52 am   Permalink

Damn, that's just cruel to see it there. Especially given the devil of a time they had getting the book out. WANT!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-07 11:38 pm   Permalink

We got the Hawaiian Eye (home made) series off Amazon. It's really fun with music playing in the Shell Bar. We need one of these mugs. Wendy

Bump Bump Bump thanks Surf1961

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rapa Nui Rich
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-30 11:00 am   Permalink

Aloha,

Is there any more news about the release of the Hawaiian Eye Mug? I can't wait to get my hands on one of these - if they ever end up making them!

Thanks

View Profile of Rapa Nui Rich Send a personal message to Rapa Nui Rich  Email Rapa Nui Rich     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 09:02 am   Permalink

Please make them, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 11:39 am   Permalink

Talked to Kevin Kidney last night at Marie Palooza event.The reason for such a delay is all
the projects he has been working on both foreign and domestic .He assured me this tiki mug
will come to fruition soon.

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2010-05-31 12:10 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation