FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show at Forest Lawn 8/8/08
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Art Show at Forest Lawn 8/8/08
sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 12:51 pm   Permalink

There appears to be another tiki art show and exhibit curated by Doug Nason (copro-nason gallery, author of "night of tiki" exhibition book) titled "In search of tiki" at of all places Forrest Lawn Mortuary? on 8/8/08

There is to be a catalog published. And it is to feature authentic oceanic artifacts as well as new tiki art.

Judging by the ad, I would say it is fair to assume Shag will be featured.

Links:

www.forestlawn.com

http://forestlawn.com/Special-Events-And-Facilities/Event-Detail.asp?EventID=139

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 1:43 pm   Permalink

jonesEy and i will be hitting this show on aug 13. anybody wanna join us?

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 4:45 pm   Permalink

This has been covered pretty extensively in this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29072&forum=1&44

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-03 9:13 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! FYI...........

[quote]
On 2008-08-03 13:03, Hiphipahula wrote:
I know I would like to hit up Damon's first bout 3:30-4:00 IT"S MY BIRTHDAY! Anyone???????? and yes DJ Lee,
Bigfoot after a perfect ending for a B.D. too..... any takers?

Forest Lawn
1712 S Glendale Ave
Glendale, CA 91205
(800) 204-3131

Damon's
317 North Brand Blvd. Glendale, CA 91203
Ph. (818) 507-1510 Hours: Sun-Thurs: 11AM - 10PM
Fri-Sat: 11AM - 11PM

Bigfoot Lodge
3172 Los Feliz Blvd
Los Angeles, 90039
323-662-9227

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 9:49 pm   Permalink

KimtheCanuck, Panda and I will be dropping by the show on August 13th too.

-mark

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-03 13:03, Hiphipahula wrote:
I know I would like to hit up Damon's first bout 3:30-4:00 IT"S MY BIRTHDAY! Anyone???????? and yes DJ Lee,
Bigfoot after a perfect ending for a B.D. too..... any takers?

Forest Lawn
1712 S Glendale Ave
Glendale, CA 91205
(800) 204-3131

Damon's
317 North Brand Blvd. Glendale, CA 91203
Ph. (818) 507-1510 Hours: Sun-Thurs: 11AM - 10PM
Fri-Sat: 11AM - 11PM

i am TOtally there! will try to get there by 4pm to buy you a birthday mai tai!!

t

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:20 am   Permalink

I wonder if this is like a time share hoax. After they get us there to see Tiki/Oceanic stuff, they are going to try to sell us burial plots. Hehehe

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 12:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-04 10:20, The Sperm Whale wrote:
I wonder if this is like a time share hoax. After they get us there to see Tiki/Oceanic stuff, they are going to try to sell us burial plots. Hehehe

Or tiki mug urns.

Which may not be a bad idea. Copyright!

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 6:08 pm   Permalink

Hanalei Pirate and I will be there sometime on Wed 8/14 also.

And in general, is there anything going on for that night in LA?

Tiki Bob

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 08:50 am   Permalink

We'll be there tonight after pigging out on tacos in East LA.....Ahhh...I'm loving my new SoCal digs

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
maid Marion
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-07 08:56 am   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm so looking forward to tonight.

Finally a Tiki event in my area. I live literally back to back with the semetary on the same hillside.

I think it would be fun to go to Damon's after the event. {in Glendale}
It's a Restaurant/Bar with food, snack. They are also well known for their Mai Tai's and Chi Chi's.
Tiki Ti's is also not to far from the Forest Lawn, but it's so small.

I also have a pretty fabulous tiki decor in my house and would like to invite some people over for drinks later on, but will see what happens. Just in case I have plenty of drinks, a Tiki Bar and Gazebo on my patio.

I hope to see lots of friendly faces tonight.

View Profile of maid Marion Send a personal message to maid Marion      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 1:56 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bill and i will be there after we dig around for some zombies for next weekend.

bT

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 10:21 pm   Permalink

Awesome show and turnout! Talk about A-listers mixing it up with regular joes! haha, That was one of the better shows I've been to in a while. It was good seeing everyone out celebrating tiki lifestyle. It was a pleasure to meet and see Mr. Douglas Nason(again), joSHAGle,Danny "Tiki" Diablo, Crazy Al, Leroy & Bob, Rebecca and Dave(Purple Orchid), Aaron Kahan, Mr. Chris Nichols, and the many other TCrs who were in full force. Saw BigBro, but he had a circle around him, everytime I passed by...Next time Sven, you polypopular guy! I have quite a few pics of the exhibit, and it is quite a broad spectrum of a collection. I'll try to get them up soon. All in all, a Very well done presentation and exhibit. Cheers and congrats to all who were involved!
-Slick

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2008-08-07 22:22 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 08:43 am   Permalink

What an incredibly great event! So good to see everyone! Here's a few pix from the camera of Kazuo Kim -

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 08:46 am   Permalink

I'm still recovering from over doing it on pork ribs and Won-Tons.....oh my they kept those food plates coming..... Lots of beautiful art and some great music from The Dynotones.........My moment of Zen? When the older gentleman at the sign in table almost bust a gasket when I wrote my name as "Mr. Joyboy"....Glad to see people remember good movies....

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation