FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Art Show at Forest Lawn 8/8/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki Art Show at Forest Lawn 8/8/08
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 1:36 pm   Permalink

My gallery from the show:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=32701680&albumId=2169311

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 4:43 pm   Permalink

First and foremost I want to thank Big Toe for toting me up to LA and
Damon's.I had such a great time .My hats off to all that were involved in
putting this event together.This is the best event I have been to in a while.
There are quite a few more talented tiki artist that truly deserve to be in that
caliber of exhibition that were not represented but wanted to mention, too many
to list their names.Paul Clemens I am sorry I did not see you or get a chance to talk
to you at this great event .Great pics and commentary Paul-nice job.If you live
in So Cal. you owe it to yourself to go see this exhibition.Won't be quite the same
without a band or the who's who in TIKI, but still well worth the visit.I wonder if
they will have a closing show?
Cheers,
Trader Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 6:13 pm   Permalink

simply awesome!
and surf tunes to boot.
how much better could it have been?
well mai tais whoud have been nice,
but thats why we went to Damons before, and Big foot lodge after.

thanks for spinin tunes for us over there Lee.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 9:14 pm   Permalink

This was the first time I've seen a two-headed Kava Kava Man and Moai.

The title of the piece on the right was amazing: "Fish to Crocodile to Bird to Man"

[ This Message was edited by: TikiSan 2008-08-09 21:17 ]

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

...and here's the man himself with a spectacular example of his work. Sorry -- he told me it's already taken & the guy's just waiting to pick it up when the show closes! (I HATE him, whoever he is!)

True story, and I'm sorry I just found this thread today. found out from Otto about this show, but it'd slipped my mind until I saw the Ad for it in the LA Times. So along with my Wife and Step Son, we went to the exhibit earlier this afternoon, and bumped into the guy who bought this piece. I didn't catch his name sorry, but he will be at Oasis this weekend, and he's looking into becoming an Art Dealer and was interested in getting my business card...but stupid me, I didn't have to give. Damn me.....

But the exhibit itself was great. Gave me lots of great ideas for my own work, just gotta sit down and get to it.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 11:12 am   Permalink

When does the show end?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 11:14 am   Permalink

1/4/09.

(Nevermind).

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-25 3:54 pm   Permalink

This show is still going on, and it is great. Hardly any people, and I had the whole place to myself. I will post pictures later this weekend. If you haven't visited yet, you have plenty of time. It is well worth it (even if it is free).

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 7:09 pm   Permalink

As promised, more photos from In Search of Tiki. I was snapping away like crazy because there is a small sign in front of the building saying only commercial photographs were banned. After I had taken about 80 photos inside, the lady behind the counter told me I wasn't allowed, then drew my attention to a small 6x8 sign stating the same. I gladly put my camera away since I had all the photos I wanted. I tried not to duplicate what has already been posted.

Lil' TikiMango had a blast there.

Did I mention the Gift Shop is fully stocked again.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 7:25 pm   Permalink

I also got to drop in on this exhibit last week when in LA.
Definitely worth a drop-by, if you haven't seen it, yet.
Very nicely done!

AND - if you buy $20 worth in the gift shop, they'll give you a brochure with full pictures & descriptions of the exhibit items!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 6:33 pm   Permalink

If anybody has time on Friday before the Damons tiki mag release party,
they should go to this, its pretty close.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-02 11:04 am   Permalink

Bump,
maybe this would be good to swing by on the way To the Tonga Hut event sat. night.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 10:04 am   Permalink

bump

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation