[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki pix of carving a tiki from scratch
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
pix of carving a tiki from scratch
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 11:22 pm   Permalink

DAMN! looks good girl! G you have all these peopo(ha ha ha) talking funny. I know it's us that are talking funny.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-15 12:10 am   Permalink

ho braddah Chiki pikin up da pigon! he sed "talkin funny" (meaning just joking). good job brah! you get your own tiki mug designs and talkin pigon and carvin da kine tikis. ho you da man Chiki not me braddah!
i ben trying to get a mug deal fo eva! dam, nobody like sign da local boy? wassup!! oh sorry off track.

tanks fo sher da pics TikiPille! i like em. da BOT tiki looks good. your daughter tinks your da coolest mom on earth i bet ya. what do you get from peopo around da neigborhood? do dey sey "wot da hell you doin lady?"

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-15 07:59 am   Permalink

Chiki-thanks. There was this local artwork competition for elementary kids (I teach 4th). This year's theme was "Aloha Art". I decided it was finally my chance to integrate TIKI into the class. I'm telling you this because I brought in one of your flyers as a possible image to copy. After reading the "homage or rip off" thread, I just want to forewarn you that if you happen upon an art show in Burbank, CA and you see an Ivory soap bar carved just like your dark wood moai...I'm guilty. hahahaha. The kids loved your work (more than mine! sniff sniff).
Gecko-My neighbors like walking by and seeing the progress. One guy is married to a Hawaiian girl. He is my biggest fan. I gave him that big tiki that was laying on the concrete,(carving post) complete with a carving lesson on its headress. I don't use power tools, so people just trip on the technique. My girl does think its funny. She's tried to make one, but got tired too fast.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 12:46 am   Permalink

G , I was telling my wife today that we are gonna have a fun summer this year. I think it would be cool if we (all carvers that carve for$) meet one day and get to know each other. Maybe at OA or Bosko's ranch. Have Leroy,Bob,Sven there and just "talk story" and listen to our trailblazing carvers talk shop or ??? Never have all carvers been assembled and documented(photo and article) at one time, so this would be cool. I'm not trying to give myself any place of importance by suggesting this. Just think this should happen before it's too late. Oh and tikiFille, no sweat girl, go for it! Yes, we are coming over for the 1st annual tiki bike ride to Gene's museum.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 09:25 am   Permalink

If this "carvers meeting" goes down, I'de like to see you's (all at once)carve a 12'tr! Get it on vedio/dvd (money goes into a carvers trust for the next event)to sell. Then e-bay the 12'ter and donate the funds to some charity for "injured craftsman", or put it back into the trust in case anything happens to any of you's (tikigod forbid!). This would be history man! Like a union for the carvers!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 10:27 am   Permalink

Fille....how much for the B.O.T. tiki? PM me!

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-03-16 10:33 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 9:34 pm   Permalink

BK-Thanks for asking the price, but it's predestined (a fate thing, don't ya know). Excuse my cluelessness, but what does PM mean? I hope it's not like "lol" which I just recently learned. Oh the public ignominy....

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 9:48 pm   Permalink

I'll butt in here, PM means private message.
You go girl.
And BK, anything happening with that portable bar idea? I might like to have a bar that can be assembled and disassembled fairly easily but needs to be strong. Has to withstand some weathering from say April to October out here in Cal if for nigh ayy. Up to 105 degrees at times in summer. Something I could fold flat and store over the winter months.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-16 11:19 pm   Permalink

Auwie! wot a great idea Chiki! If da guys in da pass could have done sumting li'dat HO! I would have loved to see da pic of all of them or read da article or look at da Tiki or wateva dem guys would have done. If this eva happens, you let me know da date and i gon be there.

If it happens it will be a great piece of history to be in about 40+ years from now when we no longer have the strength to pickup da good ol' hamma and chizle....thats kind of heart breaking to even think that right now. I couldn't imagine not being able to carve anymore! Leroy Schmaltz is for sure the Michael Jordan of this Tiki culture and I know why he keeps going, the LOVE of the chizle and hamma. I know it's going to be hard for him when he finally retires. I just pray I'm blessed with all da years to carve as Mr.Schmaltz was.

Boobam Ben has a great point to with the charity. I was givin a gift and I don't mind at all giving back. It can be for wateva charity or for something special for the collectors who buy our stuff etc.. I'll be home with my parents in June, so let me know braddahs.

Aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation