FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I wonder if Trader Vic ever saw this skull mug??
I wonder if Trader Vic ever saw this skull mug??
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 3:19 pm   Permalink

There's an old skull mug on ebay right now that I thought was kind of interesting. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150275249239&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

I was thinking some collectors on here might want to see a much earlier type of skull mug and how this one looked.

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 3:26 pm   Permalink

I am adding a few of the photos (From the auction) on here so we can see them after the auction ends if people are interested. The description that came with this auction was:

"Ernst Bohne Sons
Rudolstadt, Thuringia, Germany
1878-1920

Offered for auction is this awesome Victorian Era porcelain skull mug produced by Ernst Brohne Rudolstadt, Germany and most likely dates to the 1890's. This cool mug is the original from which all others copied. We've seen this early skull mug by Brohne but usually in a larger lidded stein version. This rare mug measures 3.75" tall by 5" long. The bottom is stamped with the B on Anchor mark."

I thought some of you might of liked to of seen this very early skull mug.
Mahalo, TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 12:21 am   Permalink

Wow! Maybe made for these folks?:

http://www.modernhistoryproject.org/mhp/ArticleDisplay.php?Article=SkullBones04#Illuminati

The Skull -- Mortality Unmasked
"The opposite of the mask is the skull. The face of the person is a fleshy skin worn between the two. People who deny the person as made in the image of God directly, and individually created and loved by Him, will seek either of these exits to being truly human -- the mask which covers the mortal man or the skull which is left after mortal man has departed..."

-- from "War on Light: The Destruction of the Image of God in Man Through Modern Art"

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-07-31 08:27 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation