Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Space Satellite Motel - Pompano Beach FL
Space Satellite Motel - Pompano Beach FL
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 09:35 am   Permalink

Anyon ein that area know about this place? All I have is this LP cover and a couple of snippets from online. The picture looks absolutely incredible!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-31 10:17 am   Permalink

I have that same LP, and like you, was greatly impressed by the nightclub shown on the cover. I actually brought the LP down with me to Hukilau one year, and showed it to a few people who lived locally - one of them had even heard of the place.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

"[The] Space Satellite Motel was a large circular bar and [the performers were] propped up in the middle of it. Las Vegas stole everything from Florida when it came to building cocktail lounges. There was a huge entertainment scene [in Florida] at the time. [It was] unbelievable."
-Woody Woodbury

Found on
this post.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation