Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Need song ideas for a commercial
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Need song ideas for a commercial
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-11 09:49, fartsatune wrote:
I am at a loss! Is it for the Olympics bid?

That's eggzackly what I was wondering! I can just see 15-year old boarders shredding at Blackcomb in slo-mo to Perez Prado...

em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 10:39 am   Permalink

Here are ten very well known, somewhat loungey songs that might help you out ....

- Hernando's Hideaway
- Windmills of Your Mind
- The Look of Love
- Theme from 'Love Story'
- Guantanamera
- The Banana Boat Song (Day-O)
- Tiny Bubbles
- Mexican Hat Dance
- Hawaiian War Chant
- Mah- Na, Mah-Na

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 10:47 am   Permalink

What tempo are we looking for here?

Two favs of mine that might work are "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" and your suggestion "Pap Loves Mambo" on the pop side.

There are more gems on that Tabasco LP by Perez Prado with Rosemary Clooney. I have it on CD now and could shoot it to you.

My mind is swimming with ideas. Can I upload a few tracks to a webserver for you to try? Please email too.

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2003-03-11 10:54 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 11:35 am   Permalink

Wow! What a response. Vern's list is closest to what I need... although most of us here are well versed in exotica and lounge, the general public is not. If I don't know what the song is from the title, my client doesn't have a hope in heck of knowing it, so it will never get bought. C'est la vie!

I feel bad rejecting any of your song ideas though - I feel like I am the grumpy client now! Woe is me.

If I could, I would make a 30 minute extravaganza with ALL those songs, with a dancing monkey, fezzes, mamboing lizards, and mai tais. Oh yeah and my client's logo at the end, ahah!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 12:15 pm   Permalink

The Geico lizard is gonna mambo?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stunrut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 4:28 pm   Permalink

Percy Faith has done some great exotica. Vic Damone has done "Poinciana" and "Ebb Tide". Duke Ellington did "Flamingo with Herb Jeffries. Andre Kostelanetz did some nice stuff in his day.

There's also a group called Pink Martini that does great exotica.

Hope this helps.

View Profile of stunrut Send a personal message to stunrut  Email stunrut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 3:55 pm   Permalink

aye yi yi yi yi
sunshine on my shoulders
aye yi yi yi
off to the fair I go
aye yi yi yi
I'm enjoying life now
aye yi yi yi
refreshing mango drink

from Brak, sung by his undersized hispanic father.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-12 3:58 pm   Permalink

I know Brak! I worked at Cartoon Network and I even had a couple of dates with Space Ghost!

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 4:26 pm   Permalink

We are going going to suggest the Girl From Ipanema for tomorrow's meeting... (among other things).
I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight putting the presentation together... aieeee!

Thanks for all your help everyone! I amassed a cool collection of tunes. Maybe I'll use them next time too!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-26 09:34 am   Permalink

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo.....

What happened? Which did you pick? 3 pages of correspondence and no update?! ugggh!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-26 09:52 am   Permalink

The wheels of commerce turn slowly.... verrry slowly! The Girl from Ipanema is approved, pending we can get the rights to it, however the spot will not run until fall/winter.

Patience, grasshopper!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation